OverviewWalmart Canada Salesfloor Experience Department Manager Full Time in Pointe-Claire, QC
Branch Pointe-Claire QC CA
Salesfloor Experience Department Manager
The Salesfloor Experience Department Manager will provide customer service by coordinating the activities of associates to maintain a stocked and zoned…
The Salesfloor Experience Department Manager will provide customer service by coordinating the activities of associates to maintain a stocked and zoned salesfloor and offering assistance to meet the customer’s shopping needs. This will be accomplished by assisting at the Front End as required and maintaining and recovering merchandise all in a safe and clean environment. This Department Manager will function as a lead of a team to strategically plan and execute duties based on workload and customer traffic patterns.
Preference will be given to existing Associates currently employed at this location in a similar position. For any new or recently opened stores, all applications will be considered.
Primary responsibilities are listed below. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
• Assigning associates to areas of the salesfloor in partnership with the respective salaried Manager
• Ensuring associate breaks are taken in accordance with coverage
• Covering an assigned area on the salesfloor as needed
• Zoning assigned area
• Working recovery merchandise from the Customer Service desk and other areas of the store
• Assisting with Front End coverage
• Moving feature merchandise to its modular home
• Executing housekeeping as required
• Training, coaching and offering feedback to associates
Provides excellent Customer service through:
• Practicing the 3 Meter Rule
• Responding to customer requests for information and service
• Assisting customer in locating merchandise
Ensures that safe work habits are being followed by:
• Performing warm-up stretches prior to shift
• Being knowledgeable about emergency and safety procedures
• Following pallet jack and equipment safety procedures
• Following proper lifting techniques
• Maintaining a safe work area, free of excess debris and fixtures
• Following riser and ladder safety
• Being knowledgeable with lockout/tag out procedures
• Properly handling all liquid and chemical spills
• Maintaining a clean accessible fixture room
Ensures cleanliness through:
• Disposing of trash/boxes quickly
• Keeping a clean, hazard free work area
• Maintaining clean modulars
Demonstrates initiative and dependability by:
• Working well on his/her own and requiring very littler supervision and follow-up
• Excelling in a team working environment
• Being flexible based on the freight flow and demand
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous supervisory and working experience in a Retail environment is an asset.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Basic Reading/Writing Skills
Ability to understand to the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to:
Spend frequent periods standing with a constant opportunity to move about.
It is an occasional requirement to stoop or lift material, fixtures or equipment and climb a ladder.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 9.1 kg (20 lbs.) and occasionally lift and/or move up to 18 kg (40 lbs.).
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is located in a comfortable indoor area.
Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion, e.g., dust, moderate noise.
Regular need to give close attention, either hearing or seeing, to what is happening is required.
There is some modest pressure from deadlines or other productivity standards.
Work is somewhat repetitious.
SA: 12:00am – 12:00pm
SU: 12:00am – 12:00pm
MO: 12:00am – 12:00pm
TU: 12:00am – 12:00pm
WE: 12:00am – 12:00pm
TH: 12:00am – 12:00pm
FR: 12:00am – 12:00pm
” aria-labelledby=”lblAccessibility” >
; Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31