Walmart Canada Operations Manager Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Advanced level of experience in warehousing logistics, operations and support services or quality assurance….
This position is responsible for directing a group of Team Leaders in the fulfillment of daily distribution center (DC) operations. Develops, communicates, and ensures the effective implementation of operational procedures in one of the following areas: receiving, order-filling, or shipping. Oversees all daily work activities to ensure customer quality, productivity, service, and delivery commitments are met.
- Plans and monitors the receiving, order filling, or shipping activities on a daily basis to ensure they are carried out in a productive, safe, and cost-efficient manner. Reviews all associated reports and documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Establishes area-specific standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and processes, and ensures department employees are adequately trained in their proper execution.
- Sets and communicates departmental objectives. Provides direction, support, and coaching to Team Leaders in the fulfillment of their responsibilities and the accomplishment of objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes the daily productivity report (TPR) and the key performance indicators (KPI’s). Devises action plans as appropriate to address any areas of substandard performance.
- Sets departmental budget. Reviews and audits current budget expenditures for cost-savings or efficiency opportunities. Reviews staffing schedules and allocation of resources to ensure levels are consistent with budget forecasts.
- Develops departmental training programs and ensures their effective implementation.
- Attends and/or conducts planning meetings, taskforces, and workgroups with other Area Managers/other DC’s to review common issues and identify opportunities for improvements. Facilitates a variety of departmental and operational meetings to ensure open communication and active promotion of the Walmart way.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements in operational procedures, productivity standards, staff planning and allocation, working conditions and use of equipment in order to increase efficiency of department.
- Ensures employment related programs and procedures, including health and safety and housekeeping programs, and cultural programs are effectively implemented in order to comply with the relevant legislation and company policy.
- Hires new Team Leaders. Trains, coaches, develops, and evaluates performance of in all functional areas. Conducts the annual performance review and ensures future leadership through the effective implementation of succession planning activities.
Canada Walmart Division
- Post-secondary education in Business Management, Operations Management, or Inventory Control.
- Advanced level of experience in warehousing logistics, operations and support services or quality assurance.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Hazard Recognition, Material Handling Equipment, PPE, Machine Guarding, and Electrical Safety.
- Issue management skills including problem solving and trouble-shooting; information gathering including research, interpretation and analysis (i.e. client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.); and conflict management.
- Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed project plans.
- Managerial skills including selection, coaching and counseling team leaders, evaluating performance, team building, and administration and operational planning including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation) including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven leadership skills
- Award winning personality with exceptional understanding of customer service
- Communication skills, including written and verbal with the ability to write reports, memos, schedules and facilitate meetings and training sessions.
- Committed to contributing to Walmart’s outstanding culture!
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.