OverviewWalmart Canada HR Generalist Temporary in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Committed to making Walmart Logistics a great place to work. Walmart Logistics is looking for an enthusiastic and professional Human Resources Business Partner…
Walmart Logistics is looking for an enthusiastic and professional Human Resources Business Partner to fill a one (1) year contreact position. . Supporting and facilitating HR Generalist services within our busy distribution centers, in Calgary and Surrounding Area. Supporting a large, non-unionized workforce and management team, a strong focus is placed on employee relations, investigations, recruitment and selection, policy and procedure compliance and application, performance management and documentation.
• Provides practical advice and assistance to Management in the areas of employee relations, performance management, progressive discipline, training, consistent and fair policy application and legislation awareness.
• Promotes a positive, inclusive work environment through coaching and counseling employees, responding to general inquiries and resolving issues in a timely manner and in accordance with legislation and company policies and procedures (i.e. open door, progressive discipline, investigation techniques).
• Actively walks the warehouse floor on a weekly basis to engage with employees/answer questions, identify concerns.
• Assists in the development and delivery of special projects and/or topical training programs.
• Provides guidance and supervision to HR Administration staff.
• Responsible for overseeing direct reports responsible for Time and Attendance, HRIS system, WCB/STD/LTD claims, return to work and Benefits.
• Oversees and participates in the recruitment and on-boarding process of all hourly and salaried employees. Identifies areas to improve and implements.
• Responsible for all salaried recruitment and onboarding.
• Participates in the formulation of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures; supports special projects/initiatives and contributes to the creation of HR Communications materials such as start-up agenda, employee handbook, etc.
• Support and participates in the site Social Committee meetings/events.
• Investigates and reports incidents including; misconduct, accidents, injuries, complaints, near misses, infractions, and other violations of company policies and procedures. Decides upon the appropriate action to be taken in order to correct substandard acts or conditions. Follows up to ensure the action was completed and effective.
• Manage all disability cases, including WCB, short-term & long-term disability and ensuring return to work planning and programs are established.
• Post secondary education with a focus in Human Resources Management, Business or Social Science, complemented by experience in an HR Administration or junior HR Coordinator role.
• 3-5 years of previous HR Generalist experience, accountable for direct reports, preferably in a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
• CHRP designation is considered an asset.
• General HR knowledge of Employee Relations, Training and Development, Performance Management, and Recruitment and Selection; general knowledge of employment-related legislation; ability to interpret and apply provincial and federal legislation as it relates to employment.
• Prior experience working with ADP payroll/HRIS system, an asset.
• Experience in warehousing or manufacturing environments is considered a strong asset.
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• Communication skills including written (progressive discipline letters, manuals); verbal (internal with all levels; external with regulatory agencies, training consultants).
• Computer skills (Word; e-mail; presentation software; knowledge of and ability to use databases and spreadsheets).
• Policy and program development, implementation, and management skills.
• Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed project plans.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
• There is a frequent need to exert mental effort including prioritizing multiple demands and projects, and unpredictable demands for assistance from management and employees.
• Often required to work with fixed and competing deadlines, and to perform tasks that could be considered highly stressful and highly confidential in nature.
• Works in a typical office environment under conditions of minor risk or injury – also exposed to all areas of the warehouse – so may be infrequently exposed to noise, equipment, and changes in temperature.
• Frequent interruptions, often irregular hours depending on issues.
• Make decisions that sustain the planet and be socially responsible.
• Have a positive impact on our community.
• Committed to making Walmart Logistics a great place to work.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17