OverviewWalmart Canada Accounting Office Associate Part Time in Brantford, ON
Branch Brantford ON CA
Accounting Office Associate
Ability to identify discrepancies and use established guidelines to select appropriate action. An Accounting Associates’ daily responsibilities include such…
An Accounting Associates’ daily responsibilities include such functions as replenishment of ATM (banking machine), and Self Checkouts; Daily pick-up processing, identifying long/ shorts in the registers and office; Processing Cash Fund Transfers; Researching and challenging all chargebacks; Completing TRM procedures; Completing bank deposits; Preparing and reviewing key reports and reconciling some key journal accounts.
• Practicing the 3 meter Attitude.
• Processing register bags, which includes separating cash, coupons, and other media and processing coins.
• Preparing all deposits, which include using teller mate to weigh and enter currency into the computer, verifying, reconciling, and finalizing end of day business transactions to the system.
• Finalizing business day, completing deposits, and preparing deposit for pick within time required for armored car service.
• Preparing, organizing, and separating various reports and logs: identifying relevant information and distributing relevant information to appropriate people.
• Retrieving and processing income from company maintained vending machines.
• Researching and challenging all chargebacks.
• Reconciling journal accounts. (906, 947,160,(499 ATM)).
• Replenishing ATMs and self-checkouts cash balances.
• Preparing pre-set loan and change amounts to ensure CSM’s and management will have adequate access to cash.
• Confirming appropriate amount of currency in Accounting Office upon opening, after final deposit and prior to closing the office daily.
• Ordering and maintaining correct denominations of currency and change daily from bank.
• Distributing and collecting cash bags and financial documents; processing deposits; reviewing and submitting financial reports.
• Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
• Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group.
• Ability to count money accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to identify discrepancies and use established guidelines to select appropriate action.
Basic Reading/Writing Skills
• Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand.
• The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.).
• The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping.
• The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat.
• The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions.
• The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
SA: 7 .00am-11pm
SU: 7.: 00am – 11:00pm
MO: 7:00am – 11:00pm
TU: 7:00am – 11:00pm
WE: 7.00am – 11:00pm
TH: 7:00am – 11:00pm
FR: 7:00am – 11:00pm
” aria-labelledby=”lblAccessibility” >
; Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brantford, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01