OverviewWajax Shop Technician Full Time in Dartmouth, NS
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Determines extent of repair required. Adjusts, rebuilds and repairs heavy equipment, replacing defective parts, components, or systems in an efficient, timely,…
EMPOWERED PEOPLE, POWERING INDUSTRY
Who We Are
Since 1858, Wajax has been serving major Canadian industries as one of the nation’s leading mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial products and services providers. Wajax operates in the mining, oil sands, oil & gas, construction, forestry, industrial/commercial, transportation, and metal processing industries – to name a few. We deliver one of the broadest ranges of industrial products and services in Canada.
At Wajax we want to find critical thinkers, high performers, and team players – and the opportunities we offer are as varied as the markets we serve.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Inspects and troubleshoots engines, transmissions, components, and equipment to detect and diagnose faults and malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment; determines extent of repair required.
• Adjusts, rebuilds and repairs heavy equipment, replacing defective parts, components, or systems in an efficient, timely, and financially responsible manner.
• Tests repaired equipment for proper performance and ensures work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
• Cleans, lubricates, and performs other routine maintenance work on equipment as required.
• Completes associated service paperwork; updates and maintains all service records and prepares reports in a timely manner.
• Works as part of a larger team within the company to ensure the efficient operation of the service department and the satisfaction of customers; performs weekend on call through regular rotation.
• Ensures tools, equipment, and facilities are properly maintained.
• Performs on-call rotation as required.
Skills and Qualifications
• Diploma in truck or heavy equipment mechanics program or equivalent
• Proven ability in mechanics problem analysis and troubleshooting.
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience using common diagnostics software (e.g: Allison DOC, Detroit Diesel DDDL and MTU Diasis)
More than just a Competitive Salary
Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional “perks.” Highlights of our programs include:
• Commencing on you start date you are eligible for medical, dental, vision, DCPP (Pension Plan), RRSP and more
• Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers
• Our unique additional perks program includes exclusive discounts with variety of manufacturers and service providers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Dell, Telus, a mortgage group, home & auto insurance program and more.
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, if contacted for an interview, please inform us if accommodation is required.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
We thank you for your interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10