OverviewWajax Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor Full Time in Quebec City, QC
Branch Quebec City QC CA
Environment, Health and Safety Senior Advisor
Quebec City, QC
Reporting to the Director, Environment, Health and Safety, the EH&S Advisor will assist in the development, administration and promotion of the company’s…
EMPOWERED PEOPLE POWERING INDUSTRY
Wajax is a leading Canadian industrial products and services provider engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax has three distinct business divisions, which operate through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with over 2,500 Wajax team members.
Reporting to the Director, Environment, Health and Safety, the EH&S Advisor will assist in the development, administration and promotion of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety policies and programs. The position provides direct support to branches within the three Wajax Divisions across the eastern provinces.
• Conducts work site accident/incident investigations and workplace hazard assessments and provides recommendations to reduce accidents/hazards.
• Conducts formal and informal site evaluations to ensure compliance with all EHS safety regulations, standards, expectations, laws, regulations.
• Reviews all reported incidents immediately, and responds where necessary to ensure incidents are managed effectively and as required.
• Monitors Workers’ Compensation claims, and modified work and return to work programs.
• Develops policies, standards, practices for management review.
• Advises managers and employees about safe work practices and safety standards and regulations.
• Recommends and implements appropriate procedures and equipment for safety and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
• Develops and delivers training sessions to build knowledge, skills and competencies of management to allow them to meet their EHS responsibilities
• Provides monthly statistical information to the EH&S Director.
Your Skills and Qualifications
• 7 to 10 years of experience in an Occupational Health and Safety role, preferably in an industrial environment.
• Experience is required in auditing worksites, accident investigation, developing and implementing policies and programs, delivering training, managing worker’s compensation claims.
• Experience in the construction, mining or heavy equipment industries an asset.
• Bilingual French and English
More than just a Competitive Salary
Going to work should be engaging, stimulating and rewarding, but it should also help you fulfill your needs, and propel your future! This is why Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional “perks.” Highlights of our programs include:
• 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
• Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers such as Hitachi, 3M, and Detroit Diesel
• Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers equivalent to their internal employee pricing
• As a national company, you have the opportunity to work where you live, or where you want to live!
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Québec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19