OverviewVortex Structures Aquatiques International inc. Structural Analysis & Design Engineer Full Time in Pointe-Claire, QC
Vortex Structures Aquatiques International inc.
Branch Pointe-Claire QC CA
Structural Analysis & Design Engineer
Duties include, but are not limited to:. Is the world leader in aquatic play landscapes and entertainment….
Vortex Aquatic Structures International Inc. is the world leader in aquatic play landscapes and entertainment. With installations at more than 6,000 locations around the world in public, commercial and entertainment settings, Vortex International provides imaginative, durable aquatic play and water feature solutions that create everlasting memories.
With headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Vortex has sales and technical services offices in California, Michigan, and Florida, and maintains a vast marketing and distribution network across Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Australia, and Mexico
Founded in 1995, Vortex is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company whose members value innovation and collaboration. It is currently seeking a Structural Analysis & Design Engineer .
As a Structural Analysis & Design Engineer in the amusement ride industry, you will be faced with unconventional projects that will require you to use creativity and innovation to come up with sustainable solutions to ensure structures remain strong, secure and safety standard compliant throughout their use.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team, the successful candidate will be a versatile and creative thinker, who can easily exchange with colleagues and clients to uncover true needs and thus design the ideal structure to fit the client’s expectations. The role requires an individual who has a strong ability to analyze and research while still possessing a keen commercial awareness and understanding of the business implications of design decisions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing new concepts at the sales phase for feasibility and cost estimation
- Designing products
- Creating corporate design guidelines and standards
- Developing and validating structural integrity of new components
- Analyzing mechanical components according to codes: ASTM, ASME, IBC, EN, AWS, CSA, ect.
- Analysing complex structures with finite element analysis software
- Preparing calculation reports to be issued internally as well as to contractors, clients and certification bodies
- Researching and documenting applicable structural codes per regional market
- Researching and selecting optimal materials: steel, Plastic, fiberglass, composite materials, concrete,
- Validating drawings for conformity to calculation reports
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31