OverviewVitalus Nutrition Inc. Quality Assurance Manager – MDI Winnipeg Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Vitalus Nutrition Inc.
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Quality Assurance Manager – MDI Winnipeg
This includes all QA activities related to validation, quality assurance, and document control for all Quality and Food Safety Systems functional groups….
Our MDI plant is currently being built and production is geared to begin in July 2017. We seek a QA Manager who can be involved in this exciting undertaking and participate in the process of establishing the QA/QC systems leading to plant certification. The individual will be located in Winnipeg Manitoba but at the start of this project may travel to British Columbia to collaborate with the Director, Quality & Customer Service for Vitalus Nutrition.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the primary role of the Quality Assurance Manager is to directly oversee all aspects of quality assurance/quality control in our new Manitoba Dairy Ingredients plant facility including all QA/QC staff, resources, activities and reporting required for the manufacture of safe and high quality food products. This includes all QA activities related to validation, quality assurance, and document control for all Quality and Food Safety Systems functional groups. This role involves evaluating, enhancing and measuring quality management systems; conducting internal audits in accordance with the QA prepared internal audit schedule; identifying problems and bottlenecks related to Quality and Food Safety Systems certifications; and recommending solutions.
As a member of the plant management team, this role participates in plant projects, operational committees and other key initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
1. Quality Assurance
2. Validation Duties
3. Quality Control
4. Leadership & Human Resources
5. Business Planning
To be considered for this newly created position you must meet the following minimum qualifications.
• 5+ years of progressive QA experience in food manufacturing, preferably dairy operations. Minimum two years in supervisory/management role.
• Relevant degree in scientific discipline or equivalent plus 5 years’ experience or a Masters and two years’ experience.
• Sound knowledge of Regulatory Requirements, Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
• Experience establishing/maintaining HACCP/ISO Systems.
• Proven ability to build engaged and productive teams and facilitate professional relationships among team members.
• Highly organized and detailed with excellent time management/priority setting skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
• Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, graphing and database programs.
• Problem solver with solid analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises. Involves staff in the decision-making process. Makes rational decisions.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12