OverviewVistaCare Communications Telecommunication Cable Technician Full Time in Dartmouth, NS
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Telecommunication Cable Technician
Completion of secondary school is required. A combination of over three years work experience in the trade and some industry- related or other specialized…
VistaCare Communications is a leading technology solutions provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Telecommunications Cable Technician to join our National operations in Dartmouth, NS for permanent, full-time positions.
Telecommunications Cabling Technicians are involved in all facets of maintaining a cable system such as through installing, repairing, programming, and upgrading cable infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, remove, maintain and repair aerial and underground telephone and other telecommunication transmission and distribution lines, cables and associated hardware
- Install (but do not repair or maintain) cable television lines and cables
- Splice and repair various types and sizes of telephone and other telecommunication cables including single line, coaxial and fibre optic
- Inspect and test telecommunication transmission lines and cables for transmission characteristics and to locate faults
- Analyze and record test results
- Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures or work in confined spaces such as trenches, tunnels and crawl spaces
- Communicate with other workers to co-ordinate the preparation and completion of work assignments
- Assist in the erection and removal of telecommunication poles, towers and associated support structures
- May operate excavation machinery and other heavy equipment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to test, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex issues
- Ability to manage workload and to ensure jobs are completed on time and on budget
- Job planning skills according to desired timelines, including the dissection of blueprints
- Strong manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, confined spaces, isolation
- Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment and/or tooling.
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized
- Knowledge of fibre optics and fibre optic splicing extremely beneficial
- Preference will be given to those with fibre optic splicing experience
- Supervisory or team lead experience is considered an asset
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a four-year telecommunications line and cable apprenticeship program
A combination of over three years work experience in the trade and some industry- related or other specialized courses
Completion of a two-year college program in electronics is usually required.
- Trade certification for network cabling specialists is available, but voluntary, in Ontario.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Willingness to work overtime, weekends, or on emergency call outs as required
- Willingness to travel would be beneficial as travel options may arise for future projects
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record check
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employer-match RRSP group plan
If you think you’re the perfect fit for our team, please apply now!
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23