OverviewVisier Inc. Software Developer Co—op (8 months) Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Software Developer Co—op (8 months)
Working towards a computer science, engineering, or mathematics degree. Our vision is ambitious – to redefine the field of Business Analytics by creating domain…
Visier is the gathering place for the smartest thinkers, wisest sages, brightest innovators, and creative masterminds. You are a self-starter. You like to roll up your sleeves and transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Together, we can reinvent the business intelligence industry.
With over 200 employees across our Vancouver and San Jose headquarters, we’re looking for new talent who are eager to join our dynamic, passion-driven environment. We have an established co-op program for 25-30 students per term. Our vision is ambitious – to redefine the field of Business Analytics by creating domain-specific and end-user-centric analytic applications.
To achieve our goals, we require talented individuals who will thrive in an innovative environment, and who love rolling up their sleeves, being highly creative, and working with smart technology to achieve success. Since much of our technology is being built from the ground up, we also want people who are excited about innovating and creating new technology.
You will work on one of our several development scrum teams to assist in the development of an enterprise software product. Our co-op experience is unique and designed to prepare you for professional success. If you are passionate about code and looking for an opportunity to practice your skills in an energetic and creative environment, apply now!
WHAT MAKES THE VISIER CULTURE UNIQUE? We aspire to greatness. We delight our customers. We innovate. We win as a team. We realize our potential. We act as owners.
PERKS & INCENTIVES Incentive programs for high-performers. Free fruit, snacks, and beverages to fuel your day, Office dogs. After-work socials. Sports teams. Volunteer days. Training and mentorship opportunities. Waterfront views. Transit stops just steps away. Board game nights. BBQs on 4000 sq.ft. of patio space and much, much more.
Relevant Skills & Experience
- Advantageous would be to have some knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of web technologies (REST, XML, JSON)
- Knowledge of SQL databases and SQL language is an asset
- Coding skills in writing functional tests using Selenium, JMETER, and Java
- Attention to detail, tendency to spot mistakes and identify potential improvements
- Working towards a computer science, engineering, or mathematics degree
- You are determined to succeed and committed to win. The opportunity for success is unrivaled here, but you need to supply the drive. Results matter.
- You are passionate about coding . We produce software that makes information beautiful, accessible, and engaging.
- You are accountable . This is a small company and we take responsibility for our own successes and failures.
- You are disciplined . We do things the right way, we do not cut corners, we do not rely on smoke and mirrors; we are the real deal.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24