OverviewVirtual Healthcare Project Manager Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Virtual Healthcare Project Manager
Represent the project at project governance and inter-department forums. OTN is seeking a Project Manager to join its Project Management Office to successfully…
Position: Project Manager
Description: OTN is a world leader in telemedicine, helping Ontarians get more out of the health care system by bridging the distance of time and geography to bring more patients the care they need, where and when they need it. Using innovative technology, OTN streamlines the health care process, while also expanding the way knowledge is shared and how the medical community interacts with each other and with patients. An independent, not-for-profit organization, OTN is funded by the Government of Ontario.
OTN is committed to increasing access to health care for Ontarians and continuously searches for new ways to enhance health care delivery. Our continued success in achieving these goals depends on our staff and necessitates hiring talented individuals who are committed to providing superior customer service and who understand the importance of teamwork.
OTN is seeking a Project Manager to join its Project Management Office to successfully manage multiple in-house software development and technical projects. Project Managers at OTN are accountable for the success of all projects under their supervision. They plan, execute, and implement all projects to deliver intended business outcomes, ideally on time, on budget, and within scope according to business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, the PM is responsible for making appropriate trade-offs with project teams to mitigate any issues or risks.
Key Responsibilities: Strategy and Governance
- Ensure project results have an articulated scope with quantifiable business benefit.
- Connect project messaging and reporting to strategic business initiatives.
- Manage project spend and validate financial forecasts throughout the project lifecycle.
- Represent the project at project governance and inter-department forums.
- Align projects to OTN’s gating methodology.
Business Relationship Management
- Develop communication plans and interfaces to actively engage business partners.
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert in briefing stakeholders on assigned initiatives.
- Provide accurate forecasts of performance to relevant business stakeholders.
- Communicate project and program progress to key constituents.
Project and Program Delivery
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
- Define and create project plans for projects, portfolio, and product prioritization and implementation.
- Manage all aspects of the project life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion.
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage scope to ensure agreed time, cost, and quality parameters are met.
Qualifications and Attributes: Soft Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- PMP or CAPM certification
- Proficient with Project and Portfolio Management Tools. (Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
- Three to five years progressive project management experience, with significant focus on multi-year technical initiatives
- Experience in the successful delivery of software products
- Experience in a Healthcare setting would be considered an asset
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilize teams and business partners.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Sound business and technology acumen.
- Required to undergo a criminal reference check
How to Apply:
If you have strong communication and organizational skills and committed to excellence in delivering extraordinary customer service, check out our website: www.otn.ca . Please apply to this opportunity by clicking on the careers link on OTN’s website or forward your resume via fax: 416 446-4128 quoting – Project Manager prior to May 29, 2015. We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
For more information, please contact [email protected] .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22