OverviewVictim Services Wellington Anti- Human Trafficking Support Worker Part Time in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
Victim Services Wellington
Branch Kitchener-Waterloo ON CA
Anti- Human Trafficking Support Worker
Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, time management and interpersonal skills. Victim Services Wellington Job Posting….
Victim Services Wellington Job Posting
Victim Services Wellington is a not for profit agency that provides immediate crisis intervention, emotional support, practical assistance and community referrals to victims of crime and tragic circumstances in co-operation with emergency services.
Job Title: Anti – Human Trafficking Support Worker
Terms: 18 month contract part time /28 hours a week
$18.50 hr, must be able to work weekends /evenings
Major Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate outreach and direct services to HT victims in Guelph and Wellington County.
- Collaborate with service providers to assure that HT victims receive support and safety
- Facilitate and coordinate direct services to human trafficking victims, including but not limited to: crisis response, relocation assistance, safe shelter placement, basic needs, short or long term housing assistance, medical, community and justice advocacy
- Develop case plans with victims which can include safety planning, financial assistance, housing etc.
- Provide practical needs for trafficked victims such as hygiene products, transportation, food and clothing if needed
- Provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from community agencies
- Collect and report program data
- Creation and distribution of educational materials for Human Trafficking Awareness
- Mapping of services in Guelph and Wellington to assist agencies in the referral process
- Public education to schools, hotels, group homes etc.
- Knowledge of human trafficking, trauma informed care, mental health and substance abuse issues
- Knowledge of community resources in the Guelph and Wellington area
- Related post education experience or related job experience
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated experience with Microsoft office.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Successful Applicants must provide an original Vulnerable Sector Check Level 3
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21