OverviewVeolia Environnement Mechanical / boiler Commissioning Specialist Full Time in Merritt, BC
Branch Merritt BC CA
Mechanical / boiler Commissioning Specialist
Review Quality Assurance / Quality Control Plan and Quality Surveillance; The Fort Saint James and Merritt Green Energy Plants are 40MW biomass electric…
The Fort Saint James and Merritt Green Energy Plants are 40MW biomass electric generating plants currently under construction in British Columbia, Canada. Both plants are scheduled to start commercial operation the 1st quarter of 2017. The plants will be operated and maintained by Veolia with a staff of approximately 22 FTE per plant under a 30 year guaranteed performance contract. Each plant will also be supplied by Veolia with 200,000 oven dry tonnes of biomass fuel per year.
POSITION SUMMARY: Candidate will be employed on a contract or permanent full-time basis as part of the Owner’s Engineer team for Fort Saint James and Merritt projects, working closely with the Engineering Manager and in conjunction with engineering team, site construction teams, and senior staff to coordinate daily activities and long term planning reporting to the Engineering Manager, and any other manager to whom The Company requests you report.
The scope of your work will cover the review of EPC Contractor’s construction and commissioning procedures, prepare RFI, Punch List to ensure construction/commissioning meet the applicable contractual requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Commissioning Specialist will review EPC Contractor’s engineering, construction and commissioning documents provided under the EPC Contract.
The review will cover the following documents :
- Engineering management;
- Studies and performances guarantees;
- Mechanical and layout design engineering and scope;
- Review procurement / purchase engineering documents;
- Review environmental engineering and scope;
- Review Quality Assurance / Quality Control Plan and Quality Surveillance;
- Review of Health and Safety and Environmental Plans;
- Review of the Operation and Maintenance Manual;
- Review of documents related to Fuel supply for commissioning, testing and related to the operation and maintenance mobilization plan.
Site Construction Monitoring Service :
- Supporting OE site representatives on construction, building, testing and commissioning activities performed by the EPC Contractor to ensure full compliance of the EPC Contract with regard to scope, quality, health and safety, environment and performance;
- Reviewing construction schedules and monitoring of Site activities with respect to the latest approved schedule;
- Reviewing EPC Contractor’s work plans for ensuring week/month progress;
- Participating in weekly Site meeting and reporting to Client about construction status, deviations from
- Reviewing schedules, critical areas and proposed remedial measures as the case may be;
- Providing advice and proposing corrective actions regarding technical problems encountered at Site;
- Reviewing pre-commissioning checklists for various equipment and systems and subsequent punch lists;
- Witnessing performance guarantee at Site on all the important equipment / system, review and evaluation of test results, conducting independent calculations to verify test results with comments recommendations to the Client.
Provides leadership for implementation of safety and environmental programs ;
- Ensures employee compliance with company safety and environmental policies and procedures;
- Direct work with highest regard for employee safety and plant reliability.
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices, and perform work in accordance with regulatory requirements and recognized trade and company standards.
- Identifies opportunities to improve plant safety and to prevent accidents and permit violations.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Process Engineer;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in related position;
- Experience with boilers and the associated steam systems and equipment;
- Experience in a power generating plant and working with biomass;
- Strong on commissioning; TOP packages
- Microsoft Office and Windows preferred; proficiency with database, spreadsheet, email, and word processing software required;
- Familiarity with internet search engine.
- Ability to take initiative, translate business needs into action plans, lead in the development and implementation of plant-wide initiatives, and follow through;
- Evidence of solid leadership ability with a willingness to serve as an active team member;
- Strong supervisory capability and ability to develop and manage a team effectively within a changing environment;
- Ability to work effectively in conjunction with a variety of people and departments; commitment to customer service/satisfaction and workplace excellence;
- Ability to remain flexible, problem-solve effectively, and apply fair and consistent conflict resolution skills;
- High degree of professionalism; ability to take and give direction, and work independently as well as a member of a team;
- Detail oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
- Located in Merritt site.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Merritt, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-18