OverviewVecima Networks Support Technician Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Become part of a thriving Support team and help with deploying the next-generation Cable TV and Broadband Technology….
Vecima Networks, Inc. (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on three decades of consecutive profitable operations and a track record of strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
Become part of a thriving Support team and help with deploying the next-generation Cable TV and Broadband Technology.
This position will be based out of our main Research and Development center in Saskatoon, SK.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- All educational backgrounds will be explored including but not limited to technologist diplomas, university degrees and various technical certifications
- Vendor and industry training and certifications (Example: SCTE, NCTI, BCT/E, Cisco, Arris)
- 2+ years’ experience troubleshooting in the Information Technology sector
- 1+ years’ experience providing technical Customer Support
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Provide technical support to Vecima’s Cable and DOCSIS product customers
- Test, troubleshoot, train and provide technical explanations of product installations and applications in a Cable environment
The successful candidate will have skills, interests and/or experience in several of the following areas:
- Strong working knowledge of IP Networking and router/switch configuration
- Demonstrated ability to understand and troubleshoot CATV-based and network-based equipment
- Preference will be given to those having CATV experience
- Effectively communicate the technical applications of complex products
- Exceptional English communication skills a requirement
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Previous customer support experience would be an asset
- Ability to grasp and learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to work effectively and multitask under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and individually with little to no supervision
- Ability to maintain and coordinate multiple tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as a Support Technician, we want to hear from you!
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04