OverviewVancouver Island Health Authority Specialist, Clinical Informatics Temporary in Nanaimo, BC
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Branch Nanaimo BC CA
Specialist, Clinical Informatics
Strong organizational and time management skills. Educational preparation in clinical informatics, and/or equivalent education/experience in clinical change…
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Informatics, and with the direction of the Chief Medical Information Officer, the Clinical Informatics Specialist leads and promotes the integration of computer and communications technologies and clinical change initiatives that automate and/or enhance evidence-based clinical practices, access to patient/client information and clinical documentation via the Electronic Health Record (EHR) in collaboration with clinical leaders, service and program managers and directors, physicians, and staff.
As an integral regional member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Clinical Informatics Specialist works to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and sustainability of clinical initiatives that assist in the successful transitioning to a fully integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR) throughout VIHA programs and services.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a related health discipline such as Nursing, Health Information Science, or patient care/clinical related specialty and a minimum of five (5) years experience in a health care environment, including extensive experience using related computer technology, clinical change management, and/or project leadership.
Experience in policy and procedure development and/or clinical documentation standards, business process analysis and reengineering techniques as well as implementing/supporting integrated clinical system environments are assets. Educational preparation in clinical informatics, and/or equivalent education/experience in clinical change management methods are an asset. Master’s Degree in Nursing is preferred.
– Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
– Demonstrated attention to detail.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Knowledgeable regarding new trends in clinical practice and information systems.
– Knowledge and practice in effective problem solving techniques.
– Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with technical, operational and vendor staff.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
– Change oriented and possesses an attitude of continuous improvement.
– Self motivated, able to work with minimal direct supervision, and has a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a self-directed manner.
– Ability to coach, facilitate and lead others.
– Strong research and evaluation skills.
– Advanced computer skills required including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
– Project management skills are an asset.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Nanaimo, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18