OverviewVancouver Island Health Authority Senior Cook Temporary in Vancouver Island, BC
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Branch Vancouver Island BC CA
Vancouver Island, BC
Performs related administrative duties including scheduling staff, ordering and maintenance of provisions, monitoring expenditures, and supervision of other…
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Clinical Co-ordinator the Senior Cook is responsible for all aspects of the food services in assigned areas. This position is expected to meet the nutritional needs of residents by planning and developing menus and recipes including special diets. Works with residents following the rehabilitation plan, to develop meal preparation, cooking and kitchen organizational skills. Performs related administrative duties including scheduling staff, ordering and maintenance of provisions, monitoring expenditures, and supervision of other Cooks. Travel is a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle.
A. Education, Training and Experience
– Grade 12
– Certification as a Cook – Industry Training and Apprenticeship Commission
– Food Safe 1 & Food Safe 2
– Certification in CPR, First Aid
– Completes Provincial Violence Prevention Curriculum and Code White Training within three (3) months of employment
– A minimum of three (3) years recent, related experience in cooking and kitchen management, including experience with mental health clients in a rehabilitation setting.
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
B. Skills and Abilities
– Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
– Ability to deal with others effectively
– Ability to deal with mentally ill clients and their families
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
– Ability to operate related equipment
– Ability to organize and prioritize workload
– Ability to supervise
– Valid BC Drivers Licence
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31