OverviewVancouver Island Health Authority Project Manager, NI Hospitals Operations and Transformation Temporary in Vancouver Island, BC
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Branch Vancouver Island BC CA
Project Manager, NI Hospitals Operations and Transformation
Vancouver Island, BC
The Project Manager will plan, organize and direct all activities associated with the implementation of assigned projects….
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Director, NI Hospitals Operations and Transformations, the Project Manager will work on projects as assigned within North Island Hospitals Operations and Transformation. The Project Manager will plan, organize and direct all activities associated with the implementation of assigned projects.
A. Education, Training and Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Health Information Science or Computer Science plus seven (7) years’ recent related experience working within or directly with a health care system including several years as a project manager or project coordinator. Knowledge of, and experience in working with the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK methodology.
B. Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated success as a project manager and the successful completion of one large project within the last three years.
Detailed knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
Intermediate to expert-level system implementation skills.
Proven ability to track, coordinate and integrate external issues as they affect VIHA’s proposal/action plan.
Proven ability to write, analyze and edit project plans, proposals, Service Level Agreements, MOU’s for accuracy and consistency.
Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents (e.g. master project plans, risk management plans, communication plans, progress reports, project wrap-up documentation).
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability of providing leadership to a diverse project team and interact comfortably with senior personnel in the organization.
Excellent presentation, interviewing, facilitating, and negotiating skills.
COMPETENCIES – Leadership Level 1 with specific emphasis on the following:
• Demonstrates awareness of own strengths and limitations
• Prioritizes own work and workload
• Actively seeks feedback about personal performance from a variety of sources
• Takes responsibility for own decisions and actions
• Provides staff with necessary support to engage in development
• Engages staff to work towards the organization’s goals
• Demonstrates respect for the opinions of others
• Supports teams in setting realistic goals and objectives
• Reference best practices when setting direction
• Makes decisions that align with best practices and the organization’s core values
• Identifies when change in direction is required
• Creates effective plans for evaluating results
• Actively consults with experts, specialists and others to learn different perspectives
• Ensures delivery of high quality service to customers
• Encourages the open sharing of information with groups across the organization
• Advocates for improved customer service
• Develops a logical framework for problem solving
• Seeks out fresh ideas and original solutions to key issues
• Implements improvement processes to test effectiveness of new approaches
• Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02