OverviewVancouver Island Health Authority Medical Lead, Oceanside and Family Practice Part Time in Parksville, BC
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Branch Parksville BC CA
Medical Lead, Oceanside and Family Practice
Sara Murtagh, Recruitment Coordinator. Additional specific deliverables are available upon request from the Physician Recruitment Office (contact details below)…
The Medical Lead Oceanside Clinic & Family Practice is a co-leadership position with operational and decision-making responsibilities. With the position’s co-leader, the Medical Lead works proactively with others (including patients) to enhance teamwork (including collaboration between physicians and staff) and to facilitate continuous quality improvement of residential services. As part of a co-leadership structure, this position reports to both a medical and an administrative leader.
Main responsibilities of this position:
1. Leadership: Co-leads activities to ensure physicians and staff work as a team to monitor and improve service delivery; Links with appropriate Division Heads and Chiefs of Staff to address matters of physician governance, including professional medical practice issues.
2. Operations & Quality: Implements processes and structures to engage physicians and staff in continuous quality improvement of service delivery; Monitors team budget and performance jointly with Co-Leader, and makes course corrections when necessary; Initiates investigations of team-related PSLS and PCQO events.
3. Change Management: Acts as change management ‘champion’ to engage and support physicians and staff through change.
4. Informatics: Leads team activities that advance technology and data use to improve service delivery in collaboration with the IHealth team and the Quality Systems team.
5. Planning: Assesses, monitors and anticipates team resource needs and works with medical leaders and administrative leaders to prioritize these needs within available resources.
Additional specific deliverables are available upon request from the Physician Recruitment Office (contact details below).
Education, Training and Experience
Current member of the Island Health medical staff
Contact Sara Murtagh, Recruitment Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (250) 716-7747
Mail: 1200 Dufferin Crescent, Nanaimo B.C. V9S 2B7
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Parksville, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-29