OverviewVancouver Island Health Authority Early Childhood Educator with Special Needs Certificate Part Time in Vancouver Island, BC
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Branch Vancouver Island BC CA
Early Childhood Educator with Special Needs Certificate
Vancouver Island, BC
Education, Training and Experience. Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic…
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, acts cooperatively with parents and multidisciplinary teams to enhance developmental gains of children in specialized and integrated child care settings.
A. Education, Training and Experience
Certificates in both Early Childhood Education and Special Needs Education as issued by a recognized post-secondary institution. Valid Licenses to practice in B.C. as an Early Childhood Educator and Special Needs Educator. Three to five years recent related experience working with children with special needs. Valid First-Aid Certificate. Valid Class 4 vehicle license
B. Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to orient, instruct, and evaluate students and volunteers.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Functional use of alternative modes of communication such as sign language.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23