OverviewVancouver Island Health Authority Associate, Records & Benefits Full Time in Vancouver Island, BC
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Branch Vancouver Island BC CA
Associate, Records & Benefits
Vancouver Island, BC
Pension Corporation and HealthCare Benefit Trust, Medical Services Plan (MSP), and Pacific Blue Cross (PBC)….
Reporting to the Coordinator, Employee Records & Benefits, the Associate processes a variety of transactions such as new employee set up, employee record changes, salary changes and terminations of employment. Conducts on-going audits and produces associated reports according to the applicable collective agreements or the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Contract Employees.
The Associate determines benefit and pension eligibility and entitlement, and processes applications utilizing the HRIS and 3rd party applications. Ensures access to benefits and pension information is timely and in accordance with the applicable collective agreements, organizational policy or the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Contract Employees. Liaises with internal stake holders such as, Pay and Benefits Leave Team, HR Client Services, Staff Scheduling, Timekeeping, Payroll. Liaises with external stakeholders: Pension Corporation and HealthCare Benefit Trust, Medical Services Plan (MSP), and Pacific Blue Cross (PBC).
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Diploma in a related Finance or Human Resource discipline and three (3) years’ recent related experience in a similar multi-site, multi-union organization applying public sector collective agreements.
– Strong computer and keyboarding skills and extensive knowledge of the following applications:
– HRIS (Human Resource Information System)
– MS Office
– Database and Web based applications
– Excellent client relation skills including good written and verbal communication skills, and solution seeking approaches to problem solving
– Ability to analyze and find solutions to HRIS issues in a large, fast-paced multi-union environment
– Ability to work successfully within team environment
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
– Presents both verbal and written information clearly.
– Focuses on the situation, issue or behaviour when communicating with others.
– Listens to others and responds in an appropriate manner.
– Requests and provides feedback in a timely manner.
– Demonstrates commitment and motivation to continuous self-improvement.
– Understands own strengths and areas for improvement.
– Accepts feedback in order to improve.
Commitment to VIHA:
– Demonstrates a positive attitude towards VIHA and our vision, mission and values.
– Works ethically.
– Complies with the regulations and standards relating to Wellness and Safety.
– Follows and promotes VIHA policies and procedures.
– Reports issues and concerns regarding quality care, service and patient/client/customer confidentiality.
Teamwork & Cooperation:
- Promotes team spirit by respecting differences in people, valuing diversity of opinion and working with others to achieve goals.
– Actively encourages open dialogue and cooperation.
– Creates a strong network of internal and external contacts.
– Treats others with understanding, empathy and respect.
– Takes ownership for actions and decisions.
- Understands the critical importance of service internal and external patients/clients/customers.
– Communicates effectively with patients/clients/customers to assess need and establish goals that benefit all parties.
– Achieves a high level of patient/client/ customer satisfaction on a consistent basis.
– Maintains the confidentiality of patients/ clients/customers.
Adapting to Change:
– Responds and works effectively in a changing environment.
– Appreciates different perspectives on issues.
– Creates, introduces or recommends new ideas or processes to improve quality, productivity and performance.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
– Consistently applies and maintains the appropriate job, technical and professional knowledge required to effectively perform a particular function.
– Demonstrates consistent reliability, accuracy, quantity and quality of work.
– Assesses alternative courses of action, utilizes input as appropriate and reaches conclusions based on available data.
– Establishes clearly defined courses of action and organizes work to accomplish goals.
– Understands key relationships within VIHA
– Uses relationships effectively to get tasks accomplished.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-07-09