OverviewVancouver Island Health Authority Assistant, SSC Regional Quality Improvement Part Time in Vancouver Island, BC
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Branch Vancouver Island BC CA
Assistant, SSC Regional Quality Improvement
Vancouver Island, BC
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is…
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Through an innovative partnership formed in 2015 with the Specialist Services Committee (SSC), Island Health is undertaking an enhanced approach to quality improvement, which includes providing physicians an opportunity to lead quality initiatives. With approved funding for multiple years, a number of staff including the Administrative Assistant, SSC Regional Quality Improvement, will be tasked to support the efforts of this initiative. While administrative reporting will be to the Consultant, SSC Regional Quality Improvement, this position will have matrix reporting relationship to the Regional QI Steering Committee and the SSC Initiatives Lead.
Reporting to the Consultant, SSC Regional QI, the Administrative Assistant, SSC Regional Quality Improvement, is responsible for providing direct administrative and secretarial support to the SSC Regional Quality Improvement team, to facilitate quality improvement initiatives and strategies associated with the development, management, and evaluation of SSC Regional Quality Improvement activity within Island Health financed by the SSC. SSC strategies may include but are not limited to, engaging physicians to discuss, prioritize and act on system improvement opportunities; enabling health system improvement by supporting physicians in quality improvement initiatives; and supporting physicians to deliver quality care by building physician capacity in leadership and QI skills.
The Specialist Services Committee (SSC) was formed in 2006 under the Physician Master Agreement to help the Doctors of BC, BC government and health authorities collaborate on the delivery of specialist services and support improvement of the specialist care system in BC.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to high school graduation plus additional related course work in office or business administration and five (5) years’ related experience. Experience in health care or the legal field is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, including tact and diplomacy, to deal with a variety of situations, including angry and distressed individuals.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic environment with a variety of disciplines to maintain and foster good working relationships.
• Strong computer skills and extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite Professional.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong sense of teamwork.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Capable of decision making/problem solving within predetermined guidelines.
• Ability to work under pressure with short turnaround times.
• Organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-08