OverviewVancouver Film School Teaching Assistant Contract Contract in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Film School
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Teaching Assistant Contract
Demonstrated organizational and time management skills. VFS is currently accepting applications for position of Teaching Assistant with a specialization in VFX…
VFS is currently accepting applications for position of Teaching Assistant with a specialization in VFX in our 3D Animation and Visual Effects Department.
This is a full time, one-year contract position. The contract may be extended at the discretion of the Animation and Visual Effects department.
Reporting to the Program Manager, accountable to the Head of Animation & Visual Effects, and working directly with and in support of the course Instructor(s), the Teaching Assistant will provide professional, expert and courteous front line educational support to all VFS students within the program. The Teaching Assistant is able to work with small groups of students on special projects, help the course Instructor(s) better know the students, and may assist students in utilizing a variety of instructional resources. The Teaching Assistant will have working knowledge of Maya with a preferred background in visual effects. The TA is highly organized, energetic and is a positive self-starter who thrives in an evolving and fast-paced environment and will provide support to the Program Manager.
• Assist and support the Course Instructors in the delivery of course curriculum within the assigned program discipline.
• Attend lectures given by the course Instructors whom they are assisting.
• Provide general class preparation assistance to Course Instructors including photocopying of course materials and assist with development of course materials when appropriate.
• Assist the course Instructors with evaluating and marking student assignments based on the Course Instructor’s instructions and the program departments policies and procedures.
• Act as the liaison between students and course Instructors and assist students in the classroom and outside of class time.
• Assist and inform students of the procedures for completing and submitting class work.
• Troubleshoot any technical problems students are encountering and act as a liaison between students and the IT department when required.
• Assist the department with submitting student work to festivals and industry.
• Perform other duties as required by the department.
• A degree, diploma, and or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a graduate of VFS 3D Animation and Visual Effects program.
• Knowledge of Maya a must.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Demonstrated good judgment and initiative with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Highly organized team player with a flexible approach and works well under pressure.
• Ability to present a professional and positive image and maintain discretion and confidentiality.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24