OverviewVancouver Community Network Vancouver Co-operative Radio – Technical Assistant Internship Internship in Lower Mainland, BC
Vancouver Community Network
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Vancouver Co-operative Radio – Technical Assistant Internship
Lower Mainland, BC
Learning about computer networks, security, mapping, and IT systems. IT and network administration; Ability to work independently on a project and see it to…
Vancouver Co-operative Radio, CFRO, 100.5 FM is a non-profit, listener-supported, multi-lingual community station that has provided Vancouver with alternative public affairs, music, and arts programming since 1975. Co-op Radio provides a space for under-represented voices and perspectives.
The Technical Assistant position focuses on providing training and increasing skills of interns in areas including technical troubleshooting/problem solving; IT and network administration; computer repair/building; audio/video editing; graphic design software; web design and building; and electronics.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Participating youth must:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of intake;
- have demonstrated skills achievement at the post-secondary level ( this means that you must have more than secondary school achievement) ;
- intend to gain ICT skills and knowledge;
- meet the job requirements of the IHO, which should included stated ICT-related activities;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- must not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Learning about computer networks, security, mapping, and IT systems
- Installing and setting up computers and printers on network
- Soldering and crimping connections for audio components
- Running audio and digital cabling
- Setting up control rooms for professional broadcast
- Uninstalling components from previous location
- Installing components such as sound board, compressors, and microphones
- Installing and updating logging and streaming servers
- Desire to learn technical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: clear written and verbal communication; meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on a project and see it to completion
- Capacity to give and accept feedback; ability and comfort working with a diverse range of people
- Ideally experience with soldering, computer programming, audio/visual technical work is preferred, but not
required and we will train a candidate who is interested in gaining this skill set.
HOURS : 35 hours/week; scheduling of hours is flexible and to be done in conjunction with supervisor
SALARY : $15/h
INTERNSHIP DURATION : 650 hours
APPLY HERE: http://yid.vcn.bc.ca/placements/co-op-radio-technical/
Internship provided via the Vancouver Community Network Youth Internships program and funded under the Youth Employment Strategy and overseen by Industry Canada.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31