OverviewVancouver Community College Program Assistant C Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Community College
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Program Assistant C
Confirms program arrangements with instructors; Relieves and assists other Program Assistants as required….
This is a temporary part-time position at 21 hours per week until approximately July 31, 2018. Skills and Abilities Vacation blackouts occur during the months of January, April and September.
2. Registers students into programs and courses, processes payments, records transactions and initiates refunds. May maintain and balance accounts on a daily basis.
3. Confirms program arrangements with instructors; orders books and student materials; books rooms, videos and AV equipment; orders catering and obtains copyright permission. Monitors due dates and ensures materials, AV equipment, videos, etc. are returned on time.
4. Word processes a variety of documents including correspondence, reports, forms, brochures and course materials.
5. Creates and maintains Moodle sites for program, arranges instructor/student access and responds to student enquiries.
6. Processes incoming and outgoing mail. Prepares, collates and coordinates large general mail-outs and frequent focused mailings. Prepares, maintains and updates mailing lists.
7. Maintains data systems, records, files, etc., ensuring information is complete and up-to-date. Files hard copy records ensuring all information is stored accurately. Coordinates file maintenance activities.
8. Assists in the preparation of departmental/instructor timesheets and Absentee Reports.
9. Creates and maintains detailed class lists pertaining to enrollment, attendance, schedules and exams, etc.
10. May mark exams by matching answers to a master sheet, prepare and mail appropriate pass/fail letter and Document of Completion as needed.
11. Maintains and organizes textbooks, resource books, supplies and instructional materials.
12. Reviews and recommends office methods and procedures to streamline for efficiency. Identifies operational problems and reports issues to appropriate personnel.
13. Performs a variety of general office duties such as faxing and photocopying.
14. Relieves and assists other Program Assistants as required.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
This is a temporary part-time position at 21 hours per week until approximately July 31, 2018.
Skills and Abilities
Vacation blackouts occur during the months of January, April and September.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-03-16