OverviewVancouver Coastal Health Perioperative Health Care Assistant Full Time in Richmond, BC
Vancouver Coastal Health
Branch Richmond BC CA
Perioperative Health Care Assistant
Successful completion of an Acute Care Skills Program. Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program….
Within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with established vision and values of the organization, position works as a member of an integrated team to support nursing/technical staff within a high volume Operating Room/OR Suite environment to provide support to patients. Duties include assisting in preparing patients for surgical procedures, assisting nursing and technical staff by supporting positioning of patients as required; assisting the patient care team with mobilization and lifting and transferring patients on/off beds, stretchers and wheelchairs utilizing prescribed safe techniques and lifting practices. Ensures equipment and supplies for the operating rooms are available. Assists with the changeover of the operating room(s) between operative procedures. Transports/escorts patients to/from required areas using stretchers and wheelchairs. Ensures general equipment and supplies for operating rooms are available. Cleans the equipment and supply areas and maintains supplies for the operating room carts and storage areas. Distributes materials, equipment and linen related to the operating rooms as required.
Education & Experience
- Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Health Care Assistant Program
- Successful completion of an Acute Care Skills Program
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Employees of VCH must apply via the
Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-11