OverviewVancouver Coastal Health Mental Health & Addiction Clinician, Intake Temporary in Richmond, BC
Vancouver Coastal Health
Branch Richmond BC CA
Mental Health & Addiction Clinician, Intake
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff…
The MH&A Clinician works as part of a multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary community mental health & addiction care team to provide treatment and case management services that are both inclusionary and flexible for individuals with mental illness and concurrent disorders (i.e. addictions) to meet the needs of the client and to provide integration and continuity across the care continuum.
Establishes and maintains relationships with and consults with clients, their families and colleagues to provide appropriate treatment services based on best practices and client need. Performs key duties such as, intake, mental health assessment, treatment planning, crisis intervention, consultation, and individual counseling and group therapy to facilitate and coordinate client access to services.
Supports multi/interdisciplinary team to provide quality client care by providing information based on specialized theory/practice and/or participating in direct client and family as appropriate.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Education or Behavioural Sciences.
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience working with the designated client population, providing treatment services to individuals with mental health issues.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes November 25th, 2016. External applicants will be considered after internals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Broad knowledge of mental illness and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic and counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to client.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, and provide treatment planning and crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of theory and practice to a case management process.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physician, and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multi/interdisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multi/interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation, leadership and work direction.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process . Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06