OverviewVancouver Coastal Health Licensing Officer – Community Care Facilities Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Coastal Health
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Licensing Officer – Community Care Facilities
Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with licensees, operators, government agencies, special interest groups and the…
Within the context of a client centred care approach and the vision/values of Vancouver Coastal Health, performs inspectional, regulatory and advisor work involving the licensing and inspection of child day care and residential care facilities within Vancouver Coastal Health. Inspects and assesses new and existing community care facilities and programs to ensure compliance with the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and regulations; issues community care licenses, investigates complaints of contraventions to the Act and regulations; investigates reportable incidents in facilities. Provides information, guidance and consultation to facility operators, the public and others on related matters and interprets, explains and ensures that applicable requirements and provisions of the act and regulations are enforced to promote the health, safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults in care.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant health sciences discipline.
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience working in a community care facility licensing program and/or in the field of adult or adolescent residential and/or community based programs related to working with vulnerable adults, children and youth.
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive knowledge of provincial acts and regulations related to community care facilities licensing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the provision of quality care within licensed child and residential care facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of quality assurance/quality improvement.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the inspection and assessment of licensed facilities and programs.
- Ability to investigate complaints, identify infractions and violations, and make recommendations regarding corrective action.
- Ability to interpret, explain and ensure compliance with applicable requirements and provisions of applicable acts and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and negotiate resolutions in a respectful manner to minimize conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully and diplomatically enforce regulatory provisions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with licensees, operators, government agencies, special interest groups and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present comprehensive reports and recommendations on community care licensing issues.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to use current word processing, spreadsheet and electronic mail software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes February 2, 2017. External applicants will be considered after internals.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process . Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25