OverviewVancouver Coastal Health Clinical Assistant Part Time in Richmond, BC
Vancouver Coastal Health
Branch Richmond BC CA
Knowledge of medical terminology. Within the context of a client service culture and the policies and procedures of Vancouver Coastal Health reporting to the…
Within the context of a client service culture and the policies and procedures of Vancouver Coastal Health reporting to the Manager or delegate provides extensive clinical and clerical medical office duties to support the smooth function of the Primary Health Care Clinic/Program.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12. Medical Office Assistant certificate.
- Three (3) years’ recent clinical medical office support experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of clinical policies, procedures and objectives.
- Working knowledge of community resources and agencies.
- Working knowledge of office procedures.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to perform basic medical tests and accurately assess and record results in medical files.
- Ability to respond independently and effectively to emergent situation and effectively present health information to individuals.
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain satisfactory work relationships with clients and staff.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with coworkers, clients and staff from other agencies.
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of office equipment and computer software programs.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes January 24th, 2017. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process . Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24