OverviewVancouver Coastal Health Clerk Typist Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Coastal Health
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Reporting to the Manager, the Clerk Typist III provides a variety of computer/secretarial/administrative support and general clerical services. QUALIFICATIONS…
Reporting to the Manager, the Clerk Typist III provides a variety of computer/secretarial/administrative support and general clerical services.
Education, Training & Experience
- Grade 12, supplemented by standard commercial and related computer courses, plus two year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven word processing skills and demonstrated ability to create and work with spreadsheets (and create presentation materials), utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to proofread own work, to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing..
- Ability to work within a team environment and to operate standard office equipment.
This posting has been posted internally and externally concurrently. The Internal competition closes October 31, 2017. External applicants will be considered after internals.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process . Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-29