OverviewVancouver Career College Immigration Consultant Instructor Part Time in Burnaby, BC
Vancouver Career College
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Immigration Consultant Instructor
Business, trades, education, art and design, and legal. For the instruction of the courses. At Vancouver Career College, we offer quality education….
At Vancouver Career College, we offer quality education
to those wishing to pursue a career in healthcare,
business, trades, education, art and design, and legal.
Vancouver Career College prides itself on changing lives
through education by helping students achieve their
personal and academic goals. We are pleased to say that
we are looking for an experienced lawyer or RCIC
certified paralegal to join our Instructor team and
teach our Immigration Consultant program!
The purpose of the Instructor is to lead and contribute
to the academic success of students and to the success
of the College in achieving its statement of purpose.
Under general direction, the Instructor is responsible
for providing quality instruction and facilitating
student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.
Specifically, the Instructor will be responsible for:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program
objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and
- Supporting the administrative functions of the
campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College
- Participating in College and Program Activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum
and/or clinical placements, as program requires
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals
must be committed to developing, maintaining and
demonstrating the following:Education and Experience:
- Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in
good standing with the Immigration Consultants of
Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)
- Four or more years’ experience in a related field.
- A credential in adult education or in progress from
an accredited post-secondary institution, and/or
teaching experience is preferred
- Satisfy specific position qualifications as
prescribed in program design and program approval
for the instruction of the courses.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to
the area of instruction, including ongoing
professional development and continuous improvement.
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education
approaches an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills,
including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude
and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the
needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to
provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20