Vancouver Aquarium Wholesale & Senior Retail Sales Representative Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Wholesale & Senior Retail Sales Representative
Assists in customizing product specific for wholesale; Assisting in customizing product specific to wholesale accounts;…
Reporting to the Merchandise Manager, the Wholesale & Senior Sales Representative drives sales growth and profitability in our retail and wholesale operations and supports the operations of the Retail department in the efficient day-to-day operations by performing a variety of clerical duties. You will communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the optimal execution of procedures and meet timelines. This position provides excellence in customer service both inside and outside of the Aquarium. This position is also responsible for following correct procedures to open and/or close the main Retail Store and other retail locations, and performing retail sales, and cashiering duties. They will assume responsibility for staff and store security in the absence of supervisory personnel.
Promotes, develops and maintains the organization’s wholesale retail base by:
- Actively servicing and managing existing accounts, prospecting, sourcing and developing new sales opportunities, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on accounts;
- Researching accounts, identifying key players and generating interest and maintain and expanding database of prospects;
- Performing outside sales calls to existing customers and following up leads to new accounts via email, phone, and in person;
- Assisting in customizing product specific to wholesale accounts;
- Maintaining and updating wholesale product listing, pricing levels and vendor information in Access database;
- Understanding customer needs and requirements;
- Qualifying opportunities for further development and closure;
- Closing sales and achieving quarterly quotas;
- Forecasting sales, developing “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluating their effectiveness;
- Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, shipping, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
Acts as a liaison to our suppliers and customers by:
- Assisting with purchase orders including assigning barcodes, pricing, shipping, packaging, custom procedures and wire transfers;
- Creating and maintaining sku information for products, entering and forwarding purchase orders, updating pricing and product information;
- Assists in customizing product specific for wholesale;
- Create and maintain vendor data in Access database, following up with vendor inquiries and contacting vendors for invoices and product information;
- Dealing with a variety of calls and inquiries from suppliers and prospective suppliers by phone, correspondence and in person
Provides assistance to the Retail Sales Department by:
- Performing a variety of reception and clerical duties;
- Assisting in store/stockroom when required.
Assumes the position of opening and closing cashier by:
- Opening the safe, preparing floats, activating cash registers, and unlocking/opening any doors and gates in the store;
- Preparing and reviewing the staff schedule for the day, posting the daily sales goal, assigning duties and making any last minute changes that are required due to absent staff or other problems
- Reviewing the daily opening checklist to ensure all opening steps are completed.
- Taking cash drawers to the Cash room, closing off cash registers in accordance with proper procedures;
- Ensuring all customers have exited the store, doors are locked and alarm is set, and counting final deposits;
- Returning the parking float, and floats to the safe, and returning all radios to their chargers;
- Being responsible for the security of store/stockroom lockup;
- Reviewing the daily closing checklist to ensure all closing steps are completed.
Models excellence in customer service and merchandising by:
- Constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues, and communicating information to the manager so that the team can respond as necessary;
- Assisting customers by providing detailed information about merchandise, locating and recommending merchandise;
- Processing and authorizing returns, exchanges, and voids of sales transactions, often assisting staff with any issues.
- Processing KWAP orders, web orders, and internal purchase orders as required;
- Providing change for cash drawers as needed throughout the shift;
- Operating a sales register for cash, credit card, and debit transactions;
- Initiating replenishment and organizing merchandise as required;
- Assisting with remerchandising and store displays as required;
- Preparing and maintaining store signage as required;
- Assisting the Management team with training new employees;
- Performing daily housekeeping duties to ensure neatness and cleanliness of the store is maintained.
Acts as a role model for other staff during the shift by:
- Demonstrating appropriate behaviours in carrying out all tasks;
- Dealing with difficult and/or emergency situations that occur throughout the shift, and calls for back-up assistance as appropriate; examples include problem customers, theft, medical or fire emergencies, upset staff or customer, or IS issues with registers;
- Answering a wide variety of general questions about the Aquarium, Stanley Park and the city;
- Participating in training new staff, and contributes to creating and maintaining a positive team environment.
Consciously desire to improve Ocean Wise and Vancouver Aquarium processes by:
- Promptly aiding in Emergency protocol;
- Maintaining organization safety standards;
- Continually improving our impact on the environment and greening of operations through support of EMS protocols;
- Actively demonstrating the organization’s values and expectations for conduct;
- Performs additional duties of a similar nature or level as required.
Education and Experience
- 8+ years retail office experience;
- Retail and/or wholesale sales experience is required;
- Post-secondary education in business, is an asset.
- Outgoing and self motivated with a high level of self-confidence with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills;
- Ability to self-prioritize projects and juggle multiple tasks within a fast paced, deadline driven environment using tact and discretion;
- Proven sales experience and track record of over-achieving quotas
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Strong listening and customer service skills;
- Sales experience with the ability to build and meet sales goals;
- Knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Displays a consistent team attitude and a willingness to help others
- Intermediate MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint and MS Access skills;
- Active demonstration of the company’s values and mission.
- The incumbent will work in a shared office environment with the usual ergonomic risks;
- Occasional travel required to perform outside sales calls to existing customers and actively prospect and develop new sales opportunities and clientele.
- Job constantly involves listening and reacting to requests for information;
- Flexibility and availability in schedule are required during the week, including weekends and holidays (occasionally will work extend hours during the high season).