OverviewValard Construction LP Senior Field Planner Full Time in Alberta
Valard Construction LP
Branch AB CA
Senior Field Planner
Valard has full-service capabilities for transmission, distribution, substations, foundations, telecommunications and renewable energy….
Valard, is Canada’s premier utility contractor, as well as head of the Valard Group of Companies AND part of the Quanta Group, the largest electrical power contractor in North America. Valard has full-service capabilities for transmission, distribution, substations, foundations, telecommunications and renewable energy.
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the senior Field Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the daily planning and scheduling, reporting and forecasting for existing projects, and validation of information for updating of the schedule to reflect progress data from company tools, systems and field contacts. He/she works with the Project Controls team to bring insight into cost and schedule performance data for accurate conclusions. This position will be based on site and in the Edmonton Corporate office depending on project requirements.
Requirements: KEY (CORE) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and maintaining the Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 detailed work schedules for Construction Work Packages (CWP) using Primavera P6 and MS Project.
- Developing and maintaining the manpower, resource loading and leveling, histograms and commodity based curves
- Developing, maintaining and communicating baseline schedules for variance reporting and milestone accountability.
- Analyzing schedule and identifying any schedule slippage, risks and notifying management to take mitigation steps.
- Developing and updating various progress reports includes critical/ near critical path/s and Variance Issue
- Preparing and providing information on various forecasts, reports and look-ahead plans on a monthly basis
- Issuing the schedule change notices (SCN’s) when there is impact on schedule due to client deliverables.
- Attending and participating during team meetings with regard to current/outstanding issues
- Conducting Schedule trend analysis as well as float path to determine whether progress is tending to improve or deteriorate, along with recommending corrective actions and developing action plans
- Developing “what-if” Scenarios for evaluating the impact of potential changes and developing contingency plans.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing schedules in various formats such as Primavera, Excel and MS project for the project during all stages of the project.
- Working with client staff and contractors for developing and providing status on micro-schedules for the subject project’s components/Schedules.
- Defining, optimizing and reviewing critical paths, performing total/free float analysis and notifying project management the status of critical activities and schedule risks
- Maintaining actual installed quantities, monitoring forecasted values and advising if significant differences are identified.
- Supporting the Corporate Controls team in the weekly progress reviews per project
- Performing Procurement tracking on major gates (ie, Manufacturing, Delivery dates, Shipping dates, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining Construction readiness matrices (Interfacing mainly Permits tracking, Material readiness and Environmental constraints)
- Performing Delay analysis (Time Impact Analysis)
- Working in the field in a remote camp location for short periods of time, on occasion as required, at key project times like project start up or during a Re-baseline exercise.
: Valard Construction LP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits. Please forward resume and cover letter in confidence indicating competition number: VCLP#2017-007 by applying directly to this job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: , AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10