OverviewUrtheCast Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the Vice President, Finance. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including advanced…
As the largest commercial investment aboard the International Space Station (ISS), UrtheCast works in partnership with leading space organizations in developing the world’s first interactive, near realtime platform of Earth — with imagery and Ultra HD video streamed from space in full color.
With two additional sensors slated for launch to the ISS in 2017, UrtheCast’s growing suite of cameras will allow for the development of an increasingly powerful web platform. Developed by UrtheCast crew, the UrtheCast platform will provide the world with access to dynamic, high-resolution video of Earth, for purposes ranging from environmental monitoring to broadcasting. From humanitarian relief agencies, to agriculturalists and media broadcasters, UrtheCast continues to partner with leading international organizations — corporate, governmental, and non-profit.
We are growing in Vancouver and searching for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis who will be responsible for the planning and analysis of information affecting the financial performance of the organization. Collaborating and working directly with the finance team and department heads at UrtheCast’s Vancouver office and its subsidiaries in the US and Spain, the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will oversee the development of the Company’s annual strategic and financial budget process and the preparation of monthly, management reports to assist Senior Management in making critical operational and strategic business decisions. The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the Vice President, Finance.
At UrtheCast, you will hit the ground running and be a key part of the Finance team, contributing your ideas and knowledge of best practices to our budgeting process. Our ideal candidate loves to take ownership of projects, work collaboratively to implement new processes and structure, and use creativity to solve problems.
- Plan, design, develop and organize all activities related to UrtheCast’s operating, capital and project budget process
- Prepare monthly financial presentations for Senior Management, including in-depth analysis of budget to actual variances
- Implement financial dashboard reports for Senior Management
- Oversee project accounting, including establishing project budgets, reporting on project metrics and variances, tracking costs eligible for SR&ED and government grants
- Develop and maintain financial models to support decision-making for operations, strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects
- Provide sensitivity analyses around critical assumption and quantification of risk parameters
- Provide other financial analysis as needed to support business objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or related field and CPA designation or equivalent
- 10+ years progressive business experience in a financial planning and analysis role, including a minimum of 5 years as a manager of financial planning and analysis
- Past experience implementing a budget and planning process in a start-up or rapidly changing environment
- Experienced with ERPs and budgeting software (NetSuite and Adaptive Insights or similar)
- Experienced in aerospace, high tech or engineering services industries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Quality and detail oriented
- Proactive and able to work with minimal guidance
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including advanced knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Fast-paced, open-concept, constantly evolving
- Work occasional overtime
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Gym membership
- Fully loaded kitchen!
We are an innovative organization and pride ourselves with a culture that embodies self-initiative, excellence, openness and collaboration, passion, and results-orientation. The work environment is characterized as fast-paced, lots of volume and ambiguity as we are growing and need processes to be put in place.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-10