OverviewUrtheCast IT Team Lead Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
IT Team Lead
This role provides hands-on technical support, maintains company networks and software systems including the technical design, planning, implementation,…
Based in Vancouver, BC, UrtheCast is growing at hyper speed, and building a world-class Crew. With two Earth Observation cameras onboard the ISS, plans to develop the world’s first commercial optical+SAR satellite constellation, and two recently-purchased satellites, the UrtheCast vision of democratizing the view of Earth from space is coming to life.
To make these powerful resources more accessible and user-friendly, UrtheCast’s intuitive web-based platform will harness the cloud to provide access to camera tasking, data archives, analytics, and specialized EO applications. By opening up access to its deep trove of EO data, UrtheCast will allow organizations and individuals alike to monitor the environment, manage humanitarian relief efforts, manage natural resources, and much more.
We are growing in Vancouver and searching for an IT Team Lead who will be responsible for leading the IT team as well as supporting users with IT-related requests. This role provides hands-on technical support, maintains company networks and software systems including the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures, as well as addresses all problems ensuring delivery of consistent, quality customer service across the organization. You bring strong leadership skills, and the ability to provide training and mentoring to team members. You would provide support outside of office hours to internal users in the event of an emergency.
- Lead a team of IT professionals
- Staff, train, assign work, monitor performance, and mentor
- Approve purchase requests and manage IT budget
- Manage on-call procedures and increase service desk efficiency
- Coordinate meetings and discussions
- Communicate and collaborate IT and security concerns with Director
- Manage the implementation of infrastructure technology projects and IT resources
- Act as escalation point for helpdesk tickets
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) for networking and VOIP technologies
- Conduct regular audits of IT tactics and behaviors
- Assist in the design and implementation of new systems
- Maintain, update, and troubleshoot core business applications
- Continuously monitor the capacity and performance of the network and IT systems
- Leverage vendor partnerships
- Research new technology; recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations
- Ensure the development and accuracy of documentation for support and operating processes related to the technical infrastructure, processes and systems
- Manage implementation of business applications and projects
- Provide training to end-users
- Establish, maintain and test the technical disaster recovery plans.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in computer science, network administration, system administration or related field
- One or more industry IT certifications such as ITIL, CoBIT, TOGAF
- Network certifications like CCNA, CCNP and CCIE
- 7 years of experience in IT, with a minimum of 3 years in network design/administration and/or VOIP
- Of the 7 years, 3 years of experience in a team lead role
- Recent experience in designing and managing IT mergers and integration
- Programming and scripting skills
- Project Management or security certifications like CISSP, PMP, etc.
- Experience with SOX or DFATD compliance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Expert in designing, configuring and managing firewalls, switches, VPNs, VLANs, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- SaaS infrastructure and budgeting
- Knowledge of how OSX and Windows work as a desktops
- Knowledge of the major concepts of how AWS works
- Deep familiarity with the concept of virtualization and how that works
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Skills supporting a highly distributed and mobile customer environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and resources
- Unparalleled discretion for confidential information
- Ability to teach complex concepts with simple analogies
- Potential for nights, weekends for emergencies and travel
- Fast-paced, open-concept, constantly evolving
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Great work environment, team and office location right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre
- Great lunch programs will provide you with an opportunity to learn and socialize, and our Friday afternoons will set the right mood for the weekend
- Gym membership
- Fully loaded kitchen!
We are an innovative organization and pride ourselves with a culture that embodies self-initiative, excellence, openness and collaboration, passion, and results-orientation. The work environment is characterized as fast-paced, lots of volume and ambiguity as we are growing and need processes to be put in place.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01