OverviewUP Community Services Child Youth Care Worker, Night Stand-Up Full Time in Red Deer, AB
UP Community Services
Branch Red Deer AB CA
Child Youth Care Worker, Night Stand-Up
Red Deer, AB
Additionally, you need to provide a current, clear Police Information Check and an Intervention Record Check (within six months), a current driver’s abstract…
Unlimited Potential Community Services (formerly known as Bosco Homes) is a non-profit, charitable society dedicated to providing quality human services to individuals, families and communities in Edmonton Area, Red Deer, Wetaskiwin, Ponoka (Alberta) and Yellowknife (NWT) areas.
Position: 1 Full Time CYC Worker Night Stand-Up -Youth Assessment Centre, Red Deer, AB
Position overview: At Unlimited Potential Community Services we provide ongoing group care treatment services and educational programs to emotionally and behaviorally troubled children and adolescents, including those with FASD and addictions. Our clients, who range from 6 to 18 years of age, live in a residential, therapeutic setting. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for working with these at-risk youth, becoming their role model and teaching them life skills through various activities. The successful candidate must also be willing to collaborate with other members of the professional team to develop plans that will assist our clients to once again become valued members of society.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A completed diploma/degree in Child and Youth Care Work or related area in human services.
- Three to five years of experience is required, preferably directly related to child and youth care.
- Knowledge of child development theories, behaviour management techniques, intervention skills and family dynamics.
- Knowledge of health issues affecting youth such as FASD, drug and alcohol addictions, mental health, suicide and other mental and behavioural issues.
- Knowledge of safety and security measures.
- Knowledge of cultural differences and how they impact treatment approaches for children and youth.
- Knowledge of assessment tools and program planning and basic cooking skills.
Other requirements: Additionally, you need to provide a current, clear Police Information Check and an Intervention Record Check (within six months), a current driver’s abstract and a valid driver’s license. You must be willing to work night shifts, including weekends.
Salary & Benefits: The salary range for this position is $ 44, 657.00 to $ 64,604.00 yearly. Please note that the salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Unlimited Potential Community Services also provides a 100% employer paid health benefit plan and RRSP equaling 3% of the annual salary, and free courses and workshops in-house.
Closing Date: March 11, 2016
Please email cover letter and resume to :
Attention: Human Resources
UP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Red Deer, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-03-07