OverviewUnostartup Data Scientist – Freelance Contract in British Columbia
Branch BC CA
Data Scientist – Freelance
Is familiar with disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing….
We are looking for a Data Scientist to designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources. Develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, querying and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets and models complex business problems. Is familiar with disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
You can deliver quickly while being clever to avoid missteps. You are always learning and are a transparent communicator even when it is challenging. You thrive on challenging yourself daily and seek to surround yourself with like minded individuals.
12+ years of software development experience
- Professional experience in implementing and deploying machine learning solutions, using various types of models such as classification, regression and clustering
- Fluency in R or Python’s statistical packages such as pandas, statsmodels, etc.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database systems
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing such as Hive, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience with visualization software like Tableau or R Shiny as well as knowledge in scripting languages like PHP or Perl is a plus
- Experience with Machine learning/statistical techniques and tools (Spark MLlib and Scikit-Learn)
- Familiar with interactive notebook (Zeppelin and Jupyter)
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Passion for operational excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics or related field
- Strong communicator and fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Advanced Git experience
- Have excellent time management skills
- Master degree or PhD
- Strong C++ experience
- Experience with Fortune 500 companies or well known startups
- Open source projects with 500+ stars
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 100% remote
- Any timezone
- Flexible hours (20, 30 or 40 / week)
- Awesome engineering culture
- Open source projects support
- Continuous learning reimbursement (Coursera, Udacity, etc.)
- Company Swag
- Excellent work/life balance
- Sponsorship to speak at conferences
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: , BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04