OverviewUniversity of Winnipeg Research Coordinator Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
University of Winnipeg
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Event & meeting scheduling. Organizing room logistics, food, etc. for conferences. Create flyers, posters, and other forms of advertisement for events, etc….
*This is a term position until March 26, 2018.*
- In collaboration with the PDG Partners PI and Co-applicants provide assistance in preparation of Research grants, ethics applications, Canadian Common CV.
- Conduct and provide assistance on both research for specific grant proposals and writing grant proposals in cooperation with PI and Co-applicants.
- Familiar with regulations pertaining to Research Grants and Ethics applications (in consultation with Research Officer and Financial Services); follow-up with each Co-applicant and partner.
- Contacting Co-applicants, creating, maintaining, and updating CCVs.
- Receive and attend to all assigned calls and contacts by students, staff, faculty, PDG Partner and Co-applicants.
- Organizing room logistics, food, etc. for conferences.
- Work with Financial Services to obtain reimbursements.
- Basic department budget tracking of expenses.
- Event & meeting scheduling
- Create flyers, posters, and other forms of advertisement for events, etc. (Photoshop)
- Filing & scheduling.
- Completion of a formal training program in a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Undergraduate degree would be an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an office setting preferred.
- Experience with office computer systems, and academic knowledge of University of Winnipeg ethics, SSHRC, and Tri-council policies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and general understanding of computer use is required.
- Experience with Photoshop and website maintenance would be preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn about A/V and computer hardware and software.
- Interested in and willing to learn more about fairy tales and fairy-tale media.
- Must be comfortable working with academics.
OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
The Collective Agreement between The University of Winnipeg and The Association of Employees Supporting Education Services (AESES), Clause 6.3, Selection for Vacancy, states: The Employer agrees that Employees with seniority shall have preference in connection with appointments so far as it is practicable to do so, provided that their qualifications are relatively equal.
Note: The University of Winnipeg is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is initially directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-20