Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-10-31
University of Winnipeg HVAC Technician Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
University of Winnipeg
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Estimate the time and cost of materials required for new installations or repairs to existing systems and equipment when outside contractors are required….
- Maintains and repairs all air conditioning systems and related equipment including: heat pumps, roof-top units, and fan coil units, refrigerators, freezers, ice machines.
- Installs and commissions new air conditioning equipment.
- Estimate the time and cost of materials required for new installations or repairs to existing systems and equipment when outside contractors are required.
- Monitor the work of outside contractor to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program to ensure HVAC systems are operating at their maximum efficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing to promote cooperation and goodwill with all staff, students and the public.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a High School Diploma
- Must possess a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic issued by the Manitoba Department of Labour
- Must possess a valid Manitoba Gasfitter B Licence, Manitoba Limited Electrical M-G Licence and valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers Licence
- MOPIA Certificate
- 4th or 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience as a Journeyman Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic.
- Ability to work alone without direct supervision.
- Ability to read blue prints, electrical schematics, understands technical language and manuals.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to handle and operate all tools and equipment necessary for the performance of duties.
- Must be alert and able to react quickly in emergencies
- Must be able to lift and transport heavy items without accident or injury (up to 50 lb.)
- Must be capable of performing the duties as assigned
OR an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.