OverviewUniversity of Winnipeg Facility Attendant – Athletics Department Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
University of Winnipeg
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Facility Attendant – Athletics Department
Set up equipment (e.g., score clocks, sound systems, etc.). Maintain records on use of equipment and facilities, using manual systems and microcomputers….
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO FILL 2-3 POSITIONS
- Issue lockers, passes, keys and towels to authorized users and monitors their return.
- Issue sports equipment to authorized users, monitor return of equipment and may perform routine repairs when necessary.
- Acquaint patrons with facility procedures.
- Accept cash for sales of clothing, equipment, memberships and guest(s) use of facilities as well as rentals of equipment.
- Operate computerized cash register and computer, maintain cash float, balance cash and complete daily summaries as requested.
- Open facility in the morning, secure facility in the evening and maintain cleanliness and security of areas in accordance with procedures.
- Make routine inspections of the facility and report malfunctioning of equipment, security infractions, or unauthorized practices.
- Set up equipment (e.g., score clocks, sound systems, etc.).
- Maintain records on use of equipment and facilities, using manual systems and microcomputers.
- Launder towels and uniforms.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience in a recreational sports facility (handling cash, issuing receipts, monitoring security and maintenance of a facility).
- Familiarity with recreational sports facilities and equipment, techniques, rules and procedures.
- Successful work experience in a customer service situation.
- A basic knowledge of word processing and data base management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures and communicate effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records and handle cash.
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Employment is conditional on successful clearance of the Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Record Checks, responsibility for both lies with the employee.
OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
The Collective Agreement between The University of Winnipeg and The Association of Employees Supporting Education Services (AESES), Clause 6.3, Selection for Vacancy, states: The Employer agrees that Employees with seniority shall have preference in connection with appointments so far as it is practicable to do so, provided that their qualifications are relatively equal.
Note: The University of Winnipeg is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is initially directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24