OverviewUniversity of Western Ontario Program Coordinator, Propel Temporary in London, ON
University of Western Ontario
Branch London ON CA
Program Coordinator, Propel
University degree in Business, Marketing or Communications. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an…
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 13
Please note that this is a temporary full-time contract opportunity with an approximate end date of March 31, 2016. Please also note that this position is funded through a renewable grant on a 2 year cycle.
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
In an effort to materially amplify Western’s on-campus entrepreneurial culture and community contribution, Western’s Student Entrepreneurship Centre, Propel, will channel the ideas, talent, passion and creative energy of its students into an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship beyond anything offered or experienced at an institution of higher learning anywhere in Ontario.
Propel was funded as part of the Campus-Linked Accelerator (CLA) program, a collaboration between Western University and Fanshawe College. As per CLA funding requirements, both institutions are required to meet and report on set operational outcomes. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing a number of processes and team members to ensure expectations are met at Propel, Western University. This includes retail operations, social media and communications (both for Propel and for advocating on behalf of startups), hiring and ongoing supervision of work study students and event coordination.
– University degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
– 3 years’ experience in a marketing and communications role including direct experience in communications planning, developing social media strategies, effective writing of promotional advertising, profile stories and web content
– Experience managing non-personal social media accounts and website content management
– Experience working with students one-on-one in a university environment is preferred
– Media relations experience is preferred
– Experience managing teams is preferred
– Entrepreneurial or retail experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
– Energy, enthusiasm and confidence in ones abilities
– Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and to propose and initiate new programming ideas or service delivery models that meet the needs of students, alumni, youth, community members, and campus partners
– Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
– Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
– Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the Propel’s events and activities
– Strong record of team work with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision
– Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
– Knowledge of and ability to manage social media platforms, communication and engagement strategies for student populations
– Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office
– Design software applications preferred
– Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone 519-661-2194.
Please apply on or before
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31