OverviewUniversity of Western Ontario Manager, Accounts Payable and Travel Full Time in London, ON
University of Western Ontario
Branch London ON CA
Manager, Accounts Payable and Travel
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Manager – Accounts Payable (AP) and Travel provides effective management to ensure streamlined operation of all…
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 16
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the “Western Experience” – an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
In support of the academic, research and service objectives of Western’s community, Financial Services: pursues excellence in financial management and reporting; provides quality support, guidance and consultation; and promotes effective stewardship of funds.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Manager – Accounts Payable (AP) and Travel provides effective management to ensure streamlined operation of all business processes related to payment processing and expense reimbursement for the University. The incumbent is responsible for achieving high unit performance in an increasingly complex environment.
The Manager analyzes and works to improve business processes and procedures to reduce processing time, increase efficiencies and minimize weaknesses in internal controls. The incumbent is also directly involved in process automation projects and is engaged in system testing and staff training. The Manager completes year-end working papers for AP and Ancillary files, provides support and leadership to AP and Travel staff, and provides guidance and support to the Western Community to ensure compliance with the relevant policies and procedures.
– University degree
– Professional designation (CPA)
– At least 5 years of financial accounting and managerial experience in the University/Not-for-Profit sector
– Strong accounting background with management skills
– Sound business background and a demonstrated ability to make administrative/ procedural decisions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles related to Not-for-Profit organizations
– Knowledge of University policies and procedures
– Advanced technical skills
– Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Query, PeopleSoft Accounts Payable and Travel Modules, PeopleSoft General Ledger and Microsoft Office
– Excellent analytical and organizational skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach team members as well as support internal/external clients
– Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to complete detailed analytics and reports
– Ability to collaborate with team members to resolve issues in an effective and timely manner
– Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
– Strong problem solving skills including experience formulating and executing action plans
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone 519-661-2194.
Please apply on or before
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31