OverviewUniversity of Western Ontario Counselling Assistant Full Time in London, ON
University of Western Ontario
Branch London ON CA
Creative problem-solving skills and sound professional judgment, especially regarding confidential matters. Classification & Regular Hours….
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 10
Western University delivers an academic experience second to none. Western challenges the best and brightest faculty, staff and students to commit to the highest global standards. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western attracts individuals with a broad worldview, seeking to study, influence and lead in the international community. Since 1878, The Western Experience has combined academic excellence with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social and cultural growth in order to better serve our communities.
The mission of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities is to deliver a comprehensive liberal arts education and to teach our students to become global citizens who think critically and communicate effectively. The Faculty is dedicated to maintaining its international reputation for research excellence and innovative academic programming.
The Counselling Assistant manages, in collaboration with the Associate Dean (Academic) and the Academic Counsellors, the effective and efficient administration of the Academic Counselling Office in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. The incumbent provides accurate information to undergraduate students and manages the flow of information in the Counselling Office as a whole. The incumbent provides administrative support to the Associate Dean (Academic) and the Academic Counsellors, schedules counselling appointments and provides documentation and information as required. The incumbent is responsible for telephone and frontline reception for the Counselling Office.
– Undergraduate University Degree
– 3 years’ administrative experience supporting students in an Academic Counselling office
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Strong customer service skills to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
– Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
– Ability to work in a fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines
– Able to connect and communicate well with others on the team
– Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, and E-mail
– Working knowledge of Senate regulations, Academic Calendar preferred
– Understanding the functions of other units on campus (i.e. Registrar’s Office, Student Development and Student Health Services) and how they interact with Academic Counselling preferred
– Able to maintain confidentiality and to communicate tactfully with students, parents, and faculty members concerning sensitive issues
– Self-motivated multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
– Creative problem-solving skills and sound professional judgment, especially regarding confidential matters
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative and follow through on work assignments
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university’s policy to give first consideration to qualified Continuing or Sessional UWOSA applicants.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone 519-661-2194.
Please apply on or before
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16