OverviewUniversity of Western Ontario Career Services Officer Temporary in London, ON
University of Western Ontario
Branch London ON CA
Career Services Officer
Classification & Regular Hours Hours of Work: 35 per week Salary Grade: 14 Please note, this is a temporary contract opportunity with an anticipated end
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours of Work: 35 per week
Salary Grade: 14
Please note, this is a temporary contract opportunity with an anticipated end date of July 31st, 2017.
With annual research funding exceeding $220 million, and an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada’s top research-intensive universities. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience. We offer competitive salaries, exceptional benefits, including educational support for professional growth, and one of Canada’s most beautiful campuses.
The only one of its kind in Canada, the Masters of Management in Science (MMASc) program produces graduates who enhance their professional skills and networks through course work, internships and/or a major research project in preparation for a successful career in industry.
The Career Services Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing all aspects of the mandatory internship placements. The incumbent must develop and manage relationships with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Government and Industry partners to secure program-specific, paid work term opportunities for MMASc students. Additionally, the incumbent will provide career counselling for students of this program.
– University degree
– Career Development Practitioner Certificate or CHRL preferred
– Three years’ experience in a career counselling related environment
– Three years’ experience in Student Career Counselling preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Excellent organization and coordination skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and demands with strict deadlines
– Superb presentation skills that adapt to the needs of diverse participants and audience sizes
– Creative problem-solving skills and sound professional judgment, especially regarding confidential/sensitive matters
– Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships with clients
– Active listener, concentrating on the interactions and asking questions to clarify or verify information
– Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on engaging presentations to students and placement partners
– Demonstrated knowledge of labour market trends, resume and cover letter writing best practices, job search strategies and interview skills
– Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to work with students and clients from diverse backgrounds
– Possesses a reputation for resourcefulness with a strong sense of accountability and initiative
– Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
The University provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources Administration at [email protected]
Please apply on or before
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01