OverviewUniversity of Toronto Centre Assistant Full Time in Toronto, ON
University of Toronto
Branch Toronto ON CA
Excellent organization and time management skills. Programs, courses and other academic inquiries, established practices and procedures of undergraduate courses…
Under the supervision of the Director, Centre for Jewish Studies and the Centre Coordinator, the incumbent provides the following support: provides a high level of secretarial and administrative support to the Director. Coordinates activities for the Director, as well as the Director’s extensive schedule and calendar and travel arrangements based on knowledge of activities, needs and priorities of the Director. Responds to inquiries from undergraduate students via e-mail, in person or by telephone concerning: programs, courses and other academic inquiries, established practices and procedures of undergraduate courses and programs. Oversees the electronic media communications, print media communications, providing outreach and general information to alumni. Responsibilities include editing and updating content for the website, developing new website functionality and provides input into best practices for online communications; playing a lead role in new media planning and implementation through social networking sites to enhance national outreach; copy editing for the Centre’s publications; scheduling photographers; and assists in developing layouts for posters, event programs and brochures.
- Three year college diploma in a related field or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the university setting.
- Minimum three years of recent and related senior secretarial/executive assistance experience in a fast paced and dynamic academic or related professional work environment. Experience in event and conference logistics, preferably in a University setting. Experience with developing filing systems and office procedures. Experience drafting reports and correspondence on behalf of Senior Administrator (e.g. Director). Experience in a front line customer serviced role. Experience working directly with students providing program and course information. Experience providing communications direction and support. Familiarity and experience with online communication, creating content for websites, website updates, and writing and editing print. Experience designing and distributing promotional materials.
- Demonstrated advanced skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point. Demonstrated keyboarding skills at 65wpm.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and e-mail applications. Working knowledge of web maintenance software. Strong knowledge and experience using new media including social networking sites.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated professionalism, interpersonal, and customer-service skills.
- High degree of accuracy; attention to detail; demonstrated tact, diplomacy, initiative and flexibility; ability to handle matters of a sensitive and confidential nature for students and faculty; ability to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse group including students, faculty, staff, donors; willingness to learn new methods, procedures, and programs; ability to exercise sound judgement; proven ability to determine own work priorities.
Employee Group: United Steelworkers (USW)
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: USW Pay Band 09 — $55,169 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $70,552. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
: Jan 8, 2018
: Jan 16, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11