OverviewUniversity of Regina Systems Administrator View Full Time in Regina, SK
University of Regina
Branch Regina SK CA
Systems Administrator View
Information Services facilitates learning, teaching, research and effective university administration by the knowledgeable staff who deliver service and…
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note that preference will be given to APT Members.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated resume that clearly states how they meet the posted qualifications.
(Faculty and Sessional postings only)
CUPE Information (CUPE postings only)
$70,076 – $91,517 annually
Duration (if term)
As per APT Collective Agreement
As an integral part of the University of Regina, Information Services provides the technological infrastructure to support the work of students, faculty and staff. Information Services facilitates learning, teaching, research and effective university administration by the knowledgeable staff who deliver service and technology on an on-going basis throughout the university community.
Reporting to the Manager, Instructional and Administrative Server Support, the incumbent will work within the group responsible for the installation, maintenance and administration of computing servers and related hardware and software systems for the provision of central administrative and instructional computing.
– Demonstrate professional and technical leadership within the IASS team;
– Develop and document good practices for computer system administration and educate peers on the use of those practices;
– Provide computer system administration support in accordance with University and group practices;
– Play a lead role in the development and provision of reliable services in accordance with the Department’s annual plan;
– Automate common tasks through software customization and development.
– Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with five years experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
– Demonstrated ability to administer multi user computing systems which must include Microsoft Windows Server and Unix/Linux;
– Proven ability to program in common languages and environments (e.g. Perl, Unix shell scripting, Java);
– Knowledge of U of R computing systems and practices would be an asset;
– Good written and verbal communication skills;
– Effective project leadership skills;
– Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative and collegial team member;
– Experience managing computer systems in a heterogeneous environment;
– Experience participating in IT projects, preferably in a University environment;
– The ability to work occasional flex time to perform maintenance/upgrades/repairs outside of normal business hours.
Required Applicant Documents:
The University of Regina is committed to achieving a representative workforce. Qualified diversity group members are encouraged to self identify on their application.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24