OverviewUniversity of Regina Book Publicist View Part Time in Regina, SK
University of Regina
Branch Regina SK CA
Book Publicist View
Extensive experience working with authors and events; Organize author tours, signings, and other book-related events;…
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note that preference will be given to APT Members.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated resume that clearly states how they meet the posted qualifications.
(Faculty and Sessional postings only)
CUPE Information (CUPE postings only)
University of Regina Press
$50,670 – $66,168 (pro-rated)
Duration (if term)
8:15 am – 4:30 pm
University of Regina Press is seeking an experienced book publicist for three days a week for a one year period. The position commences as soon as possible.
The role of the publicist is to seek out and maintain media awareness of titles published through the University of Regina Press to attract provincial, national and international media attention.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
– to implement publicity campaigns for 20 trade and scholarly titles published by the Press each year. These books span a wide range of subjects including Indigenous themes, First Nations language resources, politics and history, business, art, true crime, and the environment.
– work closely with authors and journalists to secure reviews, interviews, news articles, or cultural stories.
– write pitch letters and press releases;
– research media;
– assemble mailing lists for galleys and review copies;
– coordinate the shipment of books;
– schedule interviews;
– organize author tours, signings, and other book-related events;
– post publicity and news items on the Press social media sites;
– sustain an informed dialogue with journalists about new and upcoming titles of likely interest.
Some travel may be required to attend trade shows and conferences and to pitch the seasonal list to the media.
– A Bachelor Degree in an appropriate discipline, preferable English, combined with two years relevant experience;
– Direct experience writing press releases;
– Must have experience in the coordination of social media;
– Strong book industry background;
– Proficiency in the use of MS Office computer programs;
– Must have a deep knowledge of local, national, and international media;
– Working knowledge of First Nations culture;
– Must have professional and effective written and verbal communication skills;
– Extensive experience working with authors and events;
– Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects effectively;
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
– Proven ability to work in a diverse environment.
Required Applicant Documents:
The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University’s employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24