OverviewUniversity of Prince Edward Island Summer Student Assistant – Wildlife Pathology – Department of Pathology & Microbiology – Atlantic Veterinary College Temporary in Charlottetown, PE
University of Prince Edward Island
Branch Charlottetown PE CA
Summer Student Assistant – Wildlife Pathology – Department of Pathology & Microbiology – Atlantic Veterinary College
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550…
The Department of Pathology & Microbiology in the Atlantic Veterinary College is currently seeking a well-rounded and energetic self-starter for the position of Summer Student Assistant to work over the summer months, May – August, 2018.
- Participate in necropsies of routine diagnostic specimens (a wide variety of wild avian and mammalian species) submitted to the Canadian Wildlife Health Cooperative (CWHC)
- Under the supervision of a wildlife pathologist or technologist, trim formalin-fixed tissue samples for routine histological processing
- Data entry into the CWHC database, including results of routine necropsies
- Other activities as required (e.g., field work related to specific research projects, field investigation of wildlife mortality, literature searches)
- Preference will be given to a first- or second-year DVM student with a stated interest in wildlife veterinary science
- Prophylactic vaccination against rabies is essential
- Previous wildlife experience desirable
- Must have experience utilizing a variety of computer software programs (e.g., Spreadsheets, Word Processing, E-Mail and Web Browsers)
- Ability to work independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website ( www.upei.ca/hr/ ). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Apply for Summer Student Assistant – Wildlife Pathology – Department of Pathology & Microbiology – Atlantic Veterinary College (37S18)
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Charlottetown, PE, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04