OverviewUniversity of Prince Edward Island Part-Time Student Research Assistant – Department of Biomedical Science – Atlantic Veterinary College Part Time in Charlottetown, PE
University of Prince Edward Island
Branch Charlottetown PE CA
Part-Time Student Research Assistant – Department of Biomedical Science – Atlantic Veterinary College
Apply for Part-Time Student Research Assistant – Department of Biomedical Science – Atlantic Veterinary College (86S16)….
The Department of Biomedical Sciences is seeking applications for a part-time student research assistant position.
The position is required to work under the direction of Dr. Sunny Hartwig to help develop a comparative translational biomedical research program.
Ideally, this summer project will form the basis of the candidate’s PhD thesis, and therefore the candidate will be committed to pursuing a PhD program at AVC in Biomedical Sciences under the direct supervision of Dr. Hartwig. Degree requirements include:
• Completion of an undergraduate thesis (with honors) and an MSc degree relating broadly to the field of molecular biology (Eg. microbiology, genetics, parasitology)
• An established record of publications in peer-reviewed journals and at scientific conferences
• Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, big data (genome-wide) analysis, and will have previously applied for either national or international research funding
• A high academic record, strong work ethic, and will demonstrate very strong focus and independence
• References demonstrating these skills are required (names of references and contact information must be provided)
• Additionally, the candidate must demonstrate expertise in both oral and written communication, such as evidenced in prior experience tutoring/teaching, research mentorship, or in collaborations with senior scientists
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website ( www.upei.ca/hr/ ).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Apply for Part-Time Student Research Assistant – Department of Biomedical Science – Atlantic Veterinary College (86S16)
UPEI encourages all qualified applicants to apply for job openings; however, in keeping with the terms and provisions of the university’s various employment and collective agreements, first priority will be given to internal candidates.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Charlottetown, PE, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19