OverviewUniversity of Ontario Institute of Technology Faculty of Education – Program and Communications Assistant – Limited Term Temporary in Oshawa, ON
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Branch Oshawa ON CA
Faculty of Education – Program and Communications Assistant – Limited Term
Project Support and Logistics. Producing and distributing project status reports and updates to project team….
Faculty of Education
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Program and Communications Assistant
Appointment Type: Limited Term (approximately 5 months)
Posting Date: January 23, 2017
Closing Date: January 31, 2017 or until position is filled
The Program and Communications Assistant provides administrative support to ensure the successful running of Faculty of Education programs. The incumbent also contributes to the development and implementation of coherent marketing and promotional initiatives within the Faculty.
The Program and Communications Assistant will report to the Planning and Budget Officer and will work in close collaboration with Program Directors and staff across various programs.
1. Program Assistant
- Serves as primary front line administrative contact for the Faculty’s graduate programs and as secondary contact for the B.Ed. program.
- Responds to day to day inquiries providing direction and information to prospective and current students about programs, courses, admission requirements, application procedures and general aspects of the graduate program, referring matters to the Director and/or Academic Advisor as appropriate.
- Acts as contact with the Faculty of Graduate Studies for admission enquiries, files and offers.
- Responsible for the ongoing review, updating and posting of program information on the Faculty of Education website; makes recommendations for enhancing the delivery of program information.
- Assists in the development of all program recruitment and promotional materials such as calendars, admissions publications, brochures, video and web pages.
- Provides general administrative program support including managing of correspondence, filing, setting up meetings, distributing agenda and taking and distributing minutes.
- Maintains and tracks student records, prepares reports for Director and PBO
- Provides support to faculty and instructors
2. Project Support and Logistics
- Assists in the development and coordination of communication and marketing projects for the Faculty. This includes:
- Assisting in the administration, maintenance and coordination of project initiatives
- Serving as initial contact to external clients which may include cold-calling or via electronic means
- Monitoring marketing initiatives and assisting in the development of success criteria leading to student registration
- Producing and distributing project status reports and updates to project team
- Assisting in the development of implementation strategies/plans for large projects
- Creating and maintaining database and contact information
- Providing support to the Planning & Budget Officer in the preparation and monitoring of project budgets related to marketing
- Strong technical skills in programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office applications, data management, LMS, Adobe Connect, HTML, Google Drive and comfort using Social Media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and problem solve with strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently.
- High level of comfort with cold calling external institutions and clients.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills with the ability to deal professionally with students, FEDU colleagues and service providers using tact and discretion at all times.
- Post secondary degree in communications, marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in student and academic services
- Experience in preparing and implementing marketing and promotion plans
Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format a covering letter indicating the above competition number and their resume. Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate all applications received; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
UOIT respects people’s different needs and therefore will take all reasonable steps to ensure accommodation for applicants where appropriate. If you require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Oshawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25