OverviewUniversity of Manitoba IT Senior Support Specialist – IT4 (AESES) Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
University of Manitoba
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
IT Senior Support Specialist – IT4 (AESES)
IT Senior Support Specialist – Information Technologist 4 (AESES). Creates training documentation and trains junior staff on technical support functions of the…
Job Description :
IT Senior Support Specialist – Information Technologist 4 (AESES)
New Budget-Funded Project Full-Time
35.00 hours/week 35 hours/week, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (occasional evenings and weekends)
Salary Range: $36.01 – $48.17 per hour ($65,538.20 – $87,669.40 per annum)
Proposed Start Date: June 18, 2018
Proposed End Date: February 22, 2019
Trial/Probation Period: 840.00 work hours
For more information, please contact:
Information Services & Technology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2
(204) 474-9590 or [email protected]
- Understands and when required can perform all duties of junior roles within Client Support.
- Using business area specific knowledge, identify, evaluate, tailor and implement vendor-supplied software and hardware solutions.
- Liaise with other IT support areas to ensure clients needs are met with the best possible solutions.
- Receives technical escalations from staff and provides technical and business specific solutions.
- Administers and maintains the IT toolsets used to support our clients, researches and identifies improvements and upgrades to the approved toolset.
- Solicits input from junior staff to understand gaps and creates solutions to solve complex problems.
- Documents, creates and implements a framework and IT solutions for the managed desktop environments.
- Develops, documents and implements asset management best practices to be used by client support.
- Administers and maintains software licenses used by our clients and IST staff.
- Creates training documentation and trains junior staff on technical support functions of the approved toolsets.
- Provides input to supervisory staff and management on service strategy and design to meet the changing needs of our clients.
- Provides input to supervisory staff and management on process adherence of junior staff.
- Protects computer systems by administering access privileges, control structures, and resources based on guiding policies.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities in system functions and reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Takes ownership and sees to completion small to mid-sized operational initiatives, reviewing requirements, researching potential solutions, creating implementation plans and working with junior team members on implementation.
- Participates in the process of change management ensuring that client technology hardware and software changes are scheduled and implemented in a safe and orderly manner.
- Administer and maintain software updates to end user devices.
- Package, test and deploy automated desktop application installations.
- Create collections and advertisements for mass software distribution while keeping clients informed of changes.
- Develop and execute enterprise workstation imaging and deployment methodologies.
- Develop and execute methodologies for increasing infrastructure optimization and standardization.
- Liaise with all IT areas to ensure correct installation, configuration, use, and maintenance of end user technologies.
- Liaise with vendors for support with resolving issues and developing/maintaining platform strategy.
- Coordinates and participates in applications releases with project managers and clients.
- Seeks to improve processes within scope of responsibility.
- Researches, recommends and when possible implements technology solutions to improve the efficiency of client services support.
- Regularly reviews current procedures for opportunities for improvements and provides recommendations to senior staff for implementation. Develops and documents processes and procedures for junior staff to follow.
- Continues development of skillset and certifications.
- Responsible for ensuring a broad up-to-date knowledge of the computing technologies used at the University of Manitoba.
- Completes all mandatory safety education sessions and re-certifications.
- Adheres to all workplace health and safety regulations, policies and safe work practices.
Participate in the development and maintenance of change management processes which ensure that client technology hardware and software changes are scheduled and implemented in a safe and orderly manner minimizing risk to the University.
Qualifications :MINIMUM FORMAL EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience (i.e. 2-3 year diploma from a recognized community college technical program plus multiple certificates) is required.
- ITIL Foundations certification, Help Desk Institute Desktop Support Technician certification or A+ certification is preferred.
- Demonstrated ongoing professional development is required.
Three years experience working in a desk side or on-site support environment and working with an IT Service Management software tool is required.
- Current knowledge and experience of the University of Manitoba IT infrastructure is an asset.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the support of personal computers, including both PC and Apple operating systems, networks and printers required.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of industry best practice Information Technologies and processes is required.
- Demonstrated experience using enterprise grade tools for supporting, managing administration of end user device required.
- Experience deploying and automating software deployments to end user devices. (Examples of tools use include: MS Active Directory, MS Exchange, Microsoft System Configuration Centre Manager (SCCM), LANDesk, Kaspersky Security Console, Zenworks, Microsoft Intune, Group Policy Management, PowerShell scripting, etc.), required.
- Demonstrated knowledge to support wireless network access to end user devices is required.
- Interpreting end users technical requirements to match business needs with technology in a manner which is justifiable and adherent to standards is required.
- Ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure and have a good deal of patience is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in end user devices such as workstations, laptops, printers, fax machines and scanners are required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong collaboration and communication and documentation skills required.
- Experience managing small project and operational initiatives ensuring successful closure and client satisfaction is required.
- Advanced skills in workload organization and prioritization, teamwork and collaboration, communication with all levels of personnel and analytical skills required.
- Ability to handle stress and varying workloads required.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills (both verbal and listening) to deal effectively with people who possess varying levels of computer skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with differing levels of employees and management.
- Ability to analyse, and diagnose computer problems correctly with time constraints required.
- Proficiency in the English language both verbally and written is required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment is required.
- Ability to lead small teams to complete operational objectives or small projects through to completion is required.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality is required.
- Must be available to work evenings as well as occasional overtime.
- Must be available to work at both campuses and satellite locations.
Additional Information :
- This is a project position expected to end 8 months from the start date.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-05-25